Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S23FE awful - no spell check, tardy email synching

(Topic created on: 12-01-2024 12:21 PM)
NamesNick
Journeyman
Options

Recently forced to move on from my beloved Galaxy S7 ... bought one of these (S23FE). I write a lot of emails so was gutted to find this version doesn't have spell check. Despite tech support, no resolution. Email synching is also really slow despite being set to auto on receipt. My advice - don't buy it if you use email. Now got to battle with Argos to return it as it's worse than a 7 year old phone. Not much progress then.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@NamesNick: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue on your Galaxy S23 FE. For clarity, which email app are you using? Are you finding that your emails are slow to sync in all locations, and is it the same for both Wi-Fi and Mobile data? Spell check should be accessible via the Samsung Keyboard, and can be enabled by heading to Settings > General management > Samsung Keyboard settings > Suggest text corrections > English (UK) > On > Manage apps > Make sure that your email app is toggled on. 

0 Likes
NamesNick
Journeyman
Options

Email client is bog standard Samsung. My S7 gets email notification but this S23FE doesn't. Both on home wifi so issue is phone not connection.  Re spell check - tech have remoted into this phone to see there is no spell check menu option. They tried Gboard but this didn't work either. There is no spell check. Waste of my money - seems reasonable to warn other potential purchasers who use email that such limitations exist. S7 works like a charm on both fronts, but sadly an old OS.

0 Likes