Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after One UI 6.1 update S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 07-04-2024 03:21 PM)
czanek
First Poster
Options
I'm experiencing a huge change in battery behaviour in my S23 Ultra after the One UI 6.1 update!

It's terrible! The battery life was excellent before the update, now - the phone barely survives a day, I have to charge it up during a day, it never happened before.

This has to be related to the update. I hope Samsung will fix this ASAP as this really cripples the phone!

If the fix won't happen, and some rumors turn out to be true (Samsung trying to push users to get a new gen phone) it'll be my last Samsung phone! I've paid so much money for the highest model only to have my battery life cut almost in half by a software update one year after! Insane.
434 REPLIES 434
Trueblue187
Apprentice
Options

I'm right there with you! My S23 ultra has been amazing with battery life since i recieved it on preorder last February and since the UI 6.1 update, my battery life is trash!😣😣 I still love my S23 Ultra but SAMSUNG you gotta fix this ASAP! Don't get me wrong, I love the new features it brings, but I love my previous battery life alot more

Lunalock
Journeyman
Options

Disabling all the individual Android Intelligence options that dropped in the update helped a lot.  Not a full fix but better than nothing.  

0 Likes
Evoizm
Journeyman
Options

Same for me too, I updated 2 days ago and although I charged my phone 100%

It drains toooo fast. In the past, I was charging only to 85% and it was enough till the evening but now in 4 hours, it dropped to 50 % from 100%, need an immediate update to fix this problem 

phil1c
First Poster
Options

I was having massive problems with battery drain, slow charging, and hot phone as well on the s23u.  I actually called customer support and they were helpful!  They asked if I had Microsoft Intune Company Portal on my phone (I do, for work) and then explained that there is reported issues with that app causing massive battery drain.  They had me do the following:

1. Go to Settings --> Apps.  Select the filter and select "show system apps". 
  2. Find "Data Restore Tool", select "storage", and select "Clear Data".
  3. Find  "Google Play Services", select "storage, and select "Clear Cache".
  4. Close settings, find your Microsoft Intune Company Portal app and sign out.
  5. Restart phone (after ending the call)

And it solved my issues instantly!  No exaggeration, prior to calling, I had my phone plugged into a 30W charger for nearly two hours while playing videos on youtube with the screen on and it went from 0% to 19% in that time.  After I performed those steps, I watched the charging percent tick up.  It took maybe an hour to get back into the 90% range.  I later charged it to 100%, pulled it from the charger, didn't touch it for a couple hours, went to sleep, woke up, and it's only dropped to 86%.  If you dont have Intune Company Portal on your phone, idk if those steps will work for you (the CS rep was very insistent it was that app and it's a known issue) but it solved the 2+ weeks of battery drain, barely charging, and overheating I've been having so give it a shot.

0 Likes
Dactrius
First Poster
Options
Yup same here. It's a joke.
0 Likes
Poncke
Pioneer
Options

I'm also experiencing a huge change in battery behaviour in my S23 Ultra after the One UI 6.1 update!

Danielhungary
Navigator
Options

Is that an easy way for that?

0 Likes
StevensonJR
Apprentice
Options

Hi. You're the only one mentionning that samsung is aware. can you please provide a source or link? We don't seem to find it! Thanks

Trueblue187
Apprentice
Options

Yes same here! I'd like to see something that tells us their working on a fix. But honestly they read all these forums and I'm sure they are very aware but id also like to see a confirmation 

0 Likes
Slinkyaroo
Journeyman
Options

I ended up backing everything up and doing a factory reset. Running UI6.1 and everything is good now. No heat issue and battery life is good. From the update my phone would be warm in my pocket with lock screen and no AOD, the battery would lose 3% watching a 3 minute youtube video. After a factory reset everything is good. Had to reload some apps and data. Wallet needed info added again. Samsung Flow is gone but you can download from play store.

Actually my S23fe is cooler now with UI 6.1. Sometimes it's best to get rid of residual files and old cache. I no longer have any gripes about the update.

0 Likes