Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Battery Drain in Galaxy s23 after 6.1 update

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Serhii Nazarenko
Apprentice
Options

After last 6.1 One UI update my Samsung s23 began to work much worse. My phone can drain from 100% to 15% in 3 times faster, than before update. It is terribble. I bought my telephone because it had good battery. Now my battery is like a chinese phone for 50$. I want to return my old software (One UI 5.1). How I can do it? I charge my phone 2-3 times  per a day, before I charged 1 time per 2 days.
And yes, I am cleared my cache already many times.
Samsung, do not ignore this problem from many customers, where is a solution?

6 REPLIES 6
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It can't be downgraded especially after latest patch. What's your screen on time? 

Serhii Nazarenko
Apprentice
Options

But it is. It's started exactly next morning after 6.1 update. 

Now screen time is 5-7 hours. And I have slow charging with the same charger (25w). Slower about 15-20% time

indy0121
Journeyman
Options
Yeah they are working on a fix on apparently so.. let's see if they actually do lol I've been getting same problem but after the 6.1 update
Members_3t2Kz7h
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, after the 6.1 update the battery is draining superfast,

I decided to get away from all samsung mobiles as its obviously not a hardware problem, its just the samsung software system which by which they can even control our battery.

Really disappointed.

amirjavaheri
Apprentice
Options

I've noticed a similar change in my S23 Ultra's battery life after the 6.1 update. It seems like Samsung might intentionally do this to encourage users to upgrade to the S24. If that's the case, I'm seriously considering switching to another brand. I experienced a similar situation with my previous Samsung phone, the S10 Plus.

0 Likes
Serhii Nazarenko
Apprentice
Options

We should to think about Apple if Samsung will not resolve this problem with updates

0 Likes