Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after One UI 6.1 update S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 13-04-2024 08:09 PM)
czanek
First Poster
Options
I'm experiencing a huge change in battery behaviour in my S23 Ultra after the One UI 6.1 update!

It's terrible! The battery life was excellent before the update, now - the phone barely survives a day, I have to charge it up during a day, it never happened before.

This has to be related to the update. I hope Samsung will fix this ASAP as this really cripples the phone!

If the fix won't happen, and some rumors turn out to be true (Samsung trying to push users to get a new gen phone) it'll be my last Samsung phone! I've paid so much money for the highest model only to have my battery life cut almost in half by a software update one year after! Insane.
347 REPLIES 347
AuldDub
Explorer
Options

No I don't but what I do know is they'll get a fix rolled out far quicker than Samsung will and I'm a Samsung fanatic.....bruh . 

0 Likes
Dè-lúxe
Journeyman
Options

I did a full factory reset out of frustration and lost most of my pictures because my cloud and backup Cldnt take all I had, which was okay by me until I realize it never solved the problem atall. To top it up the New April Update i got 2 days back didn't resolve the matter either. I'm on my  second  full charge today and I'm already at 21% by 9pm. This is ridiculous. Before now,my phone will go almost 2 days with at least 8hrs screen on time with same exact usage. 

Screenshot_20240412_210203_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20240412_210247_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
AuldDub
Explorer
Options

I feel your pain, man. The last update was for security only. 

But regardless,  this 6.1 update has been absolutely criminal.  Hopefully they are working on a roll-out, they have to be. 

Members_bcEQm7m
First Poster
Options

I have read many times this kind of battery drain problems after a update. Untill now I didn't believe them. But now I have a battery problem right after updating. Today at 8.15 mu phone was fully charged and at 9.30 it was 64%. I really hope Samsung can fix this. Except of the safety update I don't need the extra funcions of 6.1. I would appreciate a reaction from Samsung.

GuardOTMill
Apprentice
Options
Yeah me too, it's 11:43 am and I'm on 24%, before would go all day no issues.
0 Likes
GuardOTMill
Apprentice
Options
As well as crazy battery drain, it now takes me 2+ hours to charge.
The fix needs to be quick, because my phone is not really usable for me right now.
0 Likes
GuardOTMill
Apprentice
Options
As well as crazy battery drain, it now takes me 2+ hours to charge.
The fix needs to be quick, because my phone is not really usable for me right now.
0 Likes
GuardOTMill
Apprentice
Options
This is my usage as well. It is 11:34 and I'm at 24%.
0 Likes
fabiank112
Explorer
Options

very hot battery s23+ in FB  , YT  Tik tok with WIFI,  35  40  degrees C  .  Old S20FE 5G has not hot temperature in same use apps (fb yt tik tok in local  WIFI ).  ,My hands are very hot after 5 minutes.

ONE UI 6.1 is the worst update😡 in my samsung smartfones history. 😠

Sherpadude
First Poster
Options

How do you know this?

0 Likes