cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Not Receiving Push Notifications from Tracking App TRUTRAK

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Options

I have a Samsung S23 and until recently I was receiving push notifications from the tracking app TruTrak. Since the latest Samsung update (Android 14/One UI 6.1) they have stopped completely. I have:
Restarted phone
Deleted Trutrak app and reinstalled
Deleted Phone Cache 
Notifications are ON, Battery Optimisation is OFF, Do Not Disturb is OFF, Manage Notifications per App is ON.
I have tried everything but still no notifications.
Trutrak say the alerts are being triggered from there end so don't see a problem.
In fact I installed the app on an old Samsung S10e and I get the alerts.
Samsung Members say it is a third party app so contact TruTrak who say its working so must be a Samsung issue.
Any ideas on what the problem could be or where to go next.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
timbo586
Navigator
Options
Ok, good, so the phone is set up correctly (it should be as an update shouldn't really change app settings). I'm not familiar with the app, but it's a vehicle tracker, which you're subscribed to and have an account ?
The only other thing to try is to log out (on both devices), then try going to settings, apps, TruTrak and deleting cache and storage data. You may have done this already, but try once more and then reboot the phone. When phone has restarted log back in, set up the app with all permissions and notifications as before then see if it works (sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't remove the data, which may have been corrupted).

View solution in context

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Have you enabled notification categories? Settings>notifications >advanced settings >manage notification catagories for each app. Toggle that ON. Then goto settings >notifications >app notifications. Look for your tru trak app. Tap on it and scroll to bottom and tap notification categories. Do you see anything there for push notifications?
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It could have been removed by Google/Samsung as it's known as a third party app which collects data from people and can spread Malware.
0 Likes
Options

Yes that settings is ON and under the App Push Notifications that is also ON.

Options

Hi 

I don't think so as it is still available in the Google Play Store

0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
And your definitely opted in to receive these push notifications?
0 Likes
Options
Yes please see screen shot1715702975354.jpg
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Cheers. It's not something you need to do on their website too is it. Like a T&C's thing. Just wondering if the push notifications are web based or app based.
0 Likes
Options
No because it was working before Samsung update and still works on my old Samsung S10e which is android 12 One UI 4.1
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Was trying to look through the reviews for the app in case anyone else had problems, but there isn't any.
0 Likes