Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Auto restart at a set time feature is no longer available 😳

(Topic created on: 24-02-2023 01:20 PM)
WilliamK
Apprentice
Options
Instead, an on/off toggle has replaced the option of scheduling day(s) and times(s). Any ideas how to restore it?
14 REPLIES 14
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @WilliamK ,

we can see than on the new software version this has been improved. We are now offering the option to restart this only when needed and the phone is not in use. You can enable this feature from the phone Settings> Battery and device care> Auto optimisation> Restart when needed> Turn on. 

0 Likes
WilliamK
Apprentice
Options
The option to restate at will, say weekly, was better I think. This new method potentially could restart at the most inconvenient time of the day, even if the device is not in use.

No going back now, though. A real shame.

Thanks for responding πŸ‘
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star β˜…β˜…
Options

@WilliamK  it is considered that the new Auto Feature is better, will restart when required and cannot set a particular time.   Restarting a set time also does not seem to be an option in Bixby Routines or IFTTT.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Options
Even with that option , the phone doesn't restart it seems to be an issue
0 Likes
AngryBird999
First Poster
Options
This is a really crazy idea, my phone hasn't restarted this way since the 20/03. SAMSUNG should know why its important to restart your phone daily as it helps prevent many issues with your phone. You need to fix this ASAP
0 Likes
WilliamK
Apprentice
Options
Its a real inconvenience, as the ability to set a restart time at will, say weekly, at a time that suits was really useful.

I now manually restart on a weekly basis. It's no big deal but it is an inconvenience.

I hope Samsung wise-up and restore the function 🀞
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

If you're proactive, and regularly close background apps, and perform other actions to help maintain your phone's performance, then this is likely to be why the 'Restart when needed' feature isn't kicking in. I appreciate that the ability to automate your restarts might have been more convenient, and I'm not sure if the ability to restart at set times will be re-introduced in future products or updates. I'll run this by our Research and Development Team, and keep you posted with any feedback they provide. 

0 Likes
Yusuf_786
First Poster
Options

To regularly close background apps will not increase performance. If anything it hinders it & reduces battery life. Having an app ready idle in ram is quicker to initiate than when it need to be reopened? 

0 Likes
Khawkins
First Poster
Options

Here's the problem I have with losing the ability to schedule when the phone is being restarted. When the phone restarts, it won't receive any messages or notifications until you unlock the phone. So, say the phone auto restarts on its own at 3am. That means you get no notifications until the next time you physically touch your phone when you wake up several hours later. Suppose a family member had an emergency and texts you - you don't get it until you wake up and restart the phone. Suppose there's a weather emergency, doesn't that mean I won't get that notification as well? What if I have a home security notification about an intruder, fire, or from a Carbon Monoxide sensor - I won't get those until I unlock the phone if I don't get notifications until then, which might be too late. Seems to me that by removing the option for me to set the restart at a time when I can easily unlock the phone to not miss those important notifications or messages, I'm actually being put at greater risk. My opinion, either allow scheduling again or change the settings so you get those notifications after restarts regardless of whether you unlock the phone or not ... or face a pretty decent lawsuit when someone has something bad happen because their phone decided to restart in the middle of the night when they were asleep and they never got those important notifications. Yes, worse case scenario, but as someone who just had this happen to them in the middle of the night who receives those types of notifications. When the restart caused the screen to massively go bright white and wake me up, I was grateful to have been woken up because my family was suddenly put at risk when I realized I wouldn't get those notifications if something happened. Removing the schedule feature has rendered that function useless for me since you put my family potentially at risk by changing it. I used to have it set to restart at times when I could quickly get the phone unlocked so I don't miss those notifications. My phone's update a couple days ago seems to have killed that feature for me. Now, I guess I have to do it manually since my family's safety is important to me.