Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Auto restart at a set time feature is no longer available 😳

(Topic created on: 24-02-2023 01:20 PM)
WilliamK
Apprentice
Options
Instead, an on/off toggle has replaced the option of scheduling day(s) and times(s). Any ideas how to restore it?
14 REPLIES 14
Members_ktWqAwl
Student
Options

What a bad improvement!! Instead of being able to reset the phone every week, for example on Sunday at 4:00 am now the phone resets when it thinks it needs a reset? That is really bad as restarting during the day means that the phone goes offline for 1 or 2 minutes. What if an important phone call comes in at this time, if I am trading a fast moving stock or future and need to login at that very moment? Being able to choose a reset time once a week was good enough and far better! This feature should be brought back!!

archerymoose
First Poster
Options
Please implore them to reinstate this function it is an important function and better than a random one that can be inconvenient. Stop trying to be like apple and deciding what is best for us. It is clear you are wrong on this point
Renosmusic
First Poster
Options

Total fail. This should be an option to schedule restart or restart when needed. Super disappointed

0 Likes
RabidFlea
First Poster
Options

Silly changes like this (there seems to be a lot of them nowadays) are why my next phone won't be a Samsung. I've had galaxy since the S3 and it's a shame that all the things that set Samsung apart from the competition are slowly being removed for little to no reason. 

0 Likes
WilliamK
Apprentice
Options
Good news πŸ‘ŒπŸΎ On One UI 6, Samsung have restored the self-determined auto-restart function, which was removed from One UI 5 🍾πŸ’₯πŸ₯‚

Very useful, if you like to auto-restart at your own leisure.

Well done Samsung. You listened and once again acted on user preferences. Good on you πŸ‘πŸ½
0 Likes