Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another S22U problem 🤦

(Topic created on: 23-12-2022 10:42 AM)
Playmak3r
Pioneer
Options
Is anyone with S22U bought directly from Samsung and unlocked having difficulty updating to the latest security patch? Had to use smart switch to update to November patch as OTA won't work and now even smart switch won't work to update to December patch. Had to uninstall smart switch, it's registry and directories from my computer and reinstalled it again to be able to update to the December security patch. Promise 4-year software update, can't even get a month-to-month security patch. Wonder what type of hoops and loops I'll have to go through to get the next security patch 😬.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Playmak3r 

I bought mine directly from Samsung UK and haven't experienced update issues to the December patch using Mobile Data.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I read somewhere yesterday that people who updated through smart switch where having issues with ota updates after doing it, that could be the issue your having. I'm sure it was on the s22ultra sub on reddit if I find or see it again I will post back here.
Playmak3r
Pioneer
Options
Have had this problem since the beta software trial ended. And looks like am not the only one having problem with OTA update. Something gone wrong somewhere for us with this issue
Playmak3r
Pioneer
Options
I don't mind updating with smart switch but the fact that having to download almost 8GB of file and having smart switch only working after reinstalling is a bit of a pain. Hope Samsung can find this problem for us with the OTA update issue.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have not had an issues with downloading updates each month, but I never installed a Beta of anything. People really need to take some responsibility for os failures, after they install Beta sofware on their phones
Playmak3r
Pioneer
Options
Am sure most of us understand the risk of installing beta software hence why have been trying to troubleshoot things myself for the past 2 month. Just reaching out to the community to see if anyone else have had the same issue and from browsing through the forum looks like some have had the same issue and am not sure if this people have also installed beta software or not. Most of us know Samsung hardware and software is shambles really on most platform and there customer service is a complete joke but we still here 😁.
0 Likes
AndrewRH
Explorer
Options

I went through the beta programme; and now my Samsung S22 Ultra is not updating over the air (OTA).

0 Likes
Playmak3r
Pioneer
Options
The only way have managed to update is through smart switch. Hope this works for you too.