Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Disconnects on Ultra

(Topic created on: 10-03-2022 09:13 AM)
jjay0307
Pioneer
Options
I've been noticing my WiFi keeps disconnecting all the time and says incorrect password, but the password is correct, it's been doing this since the last update. anyone else having this issue? I've pressed forget WiFi and typed in the password again and it still happens if I'm not on my phone after a few hours it disconnects and saying incorrect password and as soon as I press it, it connects again.
22 REPLIES 22
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My WiFi seems to disconnect all the time, but restart of my router seems to clear that up
Jase711
Student
Options

Hi,

Yep, I'm having exactly the same problem as you since the last software update on my S22 Ultra. Let's hope Samsung fixes it real soon....

jjay0307
Pioneer
Options
yeah there's a lot they need to fix, especially notifications, I thought the android 12 was going to look different to android 11 but it's the same. they are being lazy these days
Jase711
Student
Options
Well it's still early days of the S22 ultra, im not panicking just yet 😁
jjay0307
Pioneer
Options
yeah, it was the same on my s20 ultra, so many issues even up until I got this one, haha, but your right, let's just hope they make improvements, there's a lot lol
0 Likes
areid11318
First Poster
Options

I'm glad it isn't just me. I just received mine not even 48 hours ago and over 60% of the time that I've had it so far, it has done this... I have done everything I could with my internet, assuming it must be my router since the phone is brand new.... Now I know I'm not crazy. Pretty freaking frustrated that I have a $1200 phone that has a MAJOR glitch like this right out of the box. Especially considering I don't have cell service at home and rely solely on WIFI...

isrealmathew
First Poster
Options

My S22 Ultra doing the same thing since last update... says incorrect password when I notice... just takes a tap and it connects fine (thus not a password issue) ... annoyingly it impacts some of my routines. Hope they just fix it in due course.

jlm367
First Poster
Options

YES I ran out of data this month and couldn't figure out why, but I assumed it was because I've started traveling now that covid is less prevalent... but my Verizon usage indicated all the data consumption was happening 4x/day at specific times, and when I put my phone on airplane mode to test this, that was exactly the 4x/day when it chooses to disconnect from the wifi and pretend the password is wrong. 

Samsung - Fix. This. Now.

justdance02
Student
Options

Same issue here, it's eating up my data! Probably going to report it because it doesn't seem to be a widely known issue. UPDATE: Actually, I'm trying this static IP address to see if it helps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559/#assign-a-static-ip-address-to-a-phon...