Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling stops working with random MAC-address

(Topic created on: 11-01-2024 06:05 AM)
Pernas
Explorer
Options

Hi!

Recently I was forced to depend on WiFi calling due to weak mobile network coverage where I live. I’m using a Galaxy S22 ultra with latest updates for everything and quite recently factory reset too. Carrier is Telia Sweden. 
The issue was that every morning the WiFi calling icon was gone from the phone and the option to enable WiFi calling also gone(!). No notice or anything saying why. A reboot is the only thing that makes the option re-appear in the menus and re-enabling it worked for another day and so on. Quite bad to be honest for such a vital function as calling!

By accident I thought what happens if I disable the phones random choice of MAC-adress for my WiFi connection? Success for the last five days so far :winking-face: probably something with the phone changing its identity due to MAC address changes for each new WiFi re-connection. Bad coding somewhere most likely  too.

Even if this solved the issue that shouldn’t have happened in the first place if someone had bothered to test this thoroughly ;(

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Neo001
Legend
Options

I have always had randomised MAC for my Wi-Fi connection (its selected by default) and have had no issues with Wi-Fi calling. It could be down to your network provider.

0 Likes
Pernas
Explorer
Options

Ok I’ll ask them too but not expecting too much from them. Interoperability issues like this have a tendency to be bounced back and forth. 

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Also good to check with people around you or in the Nordics community if they have the same device and if they are also encountering the same issue either with the same or different provider.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/nordics/ct-p/se

0 Likes