Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain seems an issue

(Topic created on: 10-03-2022 09:39 AM)
meetu
Journeyman
Options
I have been using the phone for 2 days without installing my daily use apps and observed that the battery is draining very quickly. It is not an expectation from a flagship with 5000 mAh battery capacity. I believe other users would be facing the same and request Samsung to look into the issue.
10 REPLIES 10
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Mine took 3-4 days to settle down
0 Likes
Gadgetman86
Pioneer
Options
I am using my phone on power saving mode most of the time. It's not fair on us consumers.
Samsung need to sort out the battery optimisation ASAP.
0 Likes
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
You should use the phone normally and wait more days the battery will be optimized
0 Likes
Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
Mine is not holding the charged.. does the battery optimise itself?
0 Likes
meetu
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I optimized the phone settings now e.g. enabled power saving mode, changed the theme to Dark and it seems to be in good shape as earlier. I'll observe it further but Samsung should do some SW changes to optimize the battery for the flagships.

0 Likes
ruuvvi
Navigator
Options

What do you mean by draining very quickly? How much during one hour or 12 hours?

I usually charge my phone to 100% in the evening and next evening I'm still having ~50-60% battery left. I'm not using any battery saving modes. I don't  use gaming or watch a lot of videos. Just messaging, twitter, instagram news etc.

0 Likes
Members_eT66blW
Pioneer
Options

Try to turn off wifi, it seems there is a bug preventing the phone from going into deep sleep.

0 Likes
zdun8
Pioneer
Options

What is the source of this information? 

0 Likes
Members_eT66blW
Pioneer
Options

Well test it . Turn off WiFi and use AccuBattery or GSam battery monitor to check time in deep sleep. There is no time spent in deep sleep if wifi is on. The idle drain is lower without wifi when connected to 4G. There is some issue with Kernel process that keeps the phone awake.

Screenshot_20220314-230821_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg