Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling s22 ultra

(Topic created on: 24-02-2022 10:52 PM)
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

Hi is anyones wifi calling working yet im vodafone it shows up in the menu and sometimes pops up then goes away again its not really a problem because i know we got the phones early and vodafone may have not added it to there phones yet

Was just wondering

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No it's not on all the time, only when signal drops to very low
0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
Right it must be the way it is on these s22s not like the s21s if I use flight mode with WiFi on its there if not in flight mode it goes away least I know now lol
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's always turns on and off, when I had issues near my house it used to be on all the time but the signal is so much better now, so occasionally I see it
0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah that's what this has been doing I just thought it would be on all the time like the s21u
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Funnily my s21u used to do the same, then they upgraded to 5g and reception got so much better, hardly saw it on
0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options
Mine was on all the time even tho I was on 5g but I live in a flat and inside isn't good for Reception
0 Likes
fx777
Explorer
Options

I noticed this also but the answer to solve it is to do with a setting which isn't there, with Vodafone. I am using 2 sims one for work one for personal. 1st sim is BT (EE) and WiFi calling is toggled on, with that sim however I have a further option to choose whether I prefer cellular or WiFi so even if my signal is fairly strong and with WiFi preferred toggled on, WiFi calling icon will be on all the time regardless. With the Vodafone sim that option isn't there, its just on or off so when the signal is very low the WiFi calling option hardly comes on at all it usually only shows if I have 1 bar of signal or none. I've attached a screenshot showing this. 

Interestingly, before my S22 arrived I was using a temp Xiaomi phone and on both sims I could choose which I preferred so the WiFi calling icon was always present on both sims

Screenshot_20220225-051254_Wi-Fi Calling.jpg

0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

its defo a weird one maybe its down to samsung as if i put flight mode and WIFI i get WIFI calling symbol so  hoping they sort it with an update if not its not really a problem im on unlimited calls and data

0 Likes
Wifi calling
First Poster
Options

I have to restart my phone to get it to work. Doesn't drop during calls, just fails to connect on either outgoing or incoming until I do a restart.

0 Likes