Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to purchase Samsung Care +

(Topic created on: 09-02-2023 09:06 AM)
Grecrc2
First Poster
Options
In October 2022, I acquired a Samsung S22 ultra 256gb. I didn't get the Samsung care + at the time. 

A few days ago I received a message from Samsung regarding the covers and wanted to acquire one. I tried placing the order but at the payment step I received a message that I have entered invalid data. 

I tried with a different card and the problem persisted. I waited for a few more days until today and I get the same problem. My cards are both visa and mastercard, issued by Barclays which shouldn't be a problem. 

I spoke over the phone with a Samsung agent who seemed to be helpful. Another agent replied and mentioned that I should contact my bank but this won't be of any help as they will say that the problem is with the portal. I called Samsung again and they told me to call Assurant.  I called Assurant and the Team of Samsung Care + and their reply was: "oh yeah we know about users with the same problem, try to go to one of the experience stores" which is not convenient for me and doesn't solve the website issue.

Basically no one knows who should be solving this and in the meantime I'm uncovered. This shouldn't be so difficult and I shouldn't be jumping around from chat, to email to phone to get prompt and efficient help. Is there anything else I can do and is Samsung Care + even worth the trouble?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
PaulM1
Options

I'm sorry to read that you've had problems buying your Care+ policy, @Grecrc2.

Just so that I have a better idea about what might be causing the error message, are you seeing any more information about what the "invalid data" message references? For instance, is it referring to the IMEI or Serial number, or is it referring to your payment details?

For additional clarity, as I understand that you're based in the UK, did you purchase your S22 Ultra within the UK and is it a UK model?

0 Likes
Grecrc2
First Poster
Options
The invalid data is with regards to the payment method. No matter which card I use, the same message appears. It is a uk phone purchased through the Samsung UK website.
But in any case I just purchased a much more comprehensive insurance with another provider that didn't require the distress of 6 phone calls, countless emails and this post. Screenshot_20230208_195841_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, I see. I appreciate you keeping the thread updated, @Grecrc2. I can't speak to what caused the issue, but using an alternative web browser *can* help on occasion. 

I'm sure that the team at Samsung Care+ will be able to investigate the cause and suggest a solution. I only mention this on the slim chance that anyone else reading this is experiencing a similar issue.

Even though you didn't end up acquiring a Care+ policy, I'm sure that it's reassuring to know that your phone is now comprehensively insured. 👍

0 Likes