Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swipe up gesture issue

(Topic created on: 21-12-2022 08:20 PM)
Tiejo
First Poster
Options
Hi.
Yesterday I did the Android 13 Update on my S22 and noticed an issue which is driving me crazy. I have swipe up gestures enabled with the back button on the right and the recent apps screen on the left. Since the Update it often happens that when I swipe on the right to go back, it opens the recent apps.
I've tested it a few times and noticed that it only happens when not swiping straight up. It only happens when going slighty to the left and up but this is the normal motion with my thumb.
Theres already a thread on reddit where other people noticed the same thing.
Did anyone here have the same issue? I hope it gets fixed because it is really annoying 😞
13 REPLIES 13
Vann
Apprentice
Options
Yeap. I can confirm exactly the same issue with s21 Plus after installing Android 13.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Tiejo: If you head to Settings > Display > Navigation bar > Swipe gestures > More options, do you have 'Swipe from bottom' or 'Swipe from sides and bottom' enabled? Have you tried increasing or decreasing your gesture sensitivity to see if you notice an improvement? 

0 Likes
Zen0s
First Poster
Options

Same here, so annoying that I went back to pressing buttons! I hope they fix this issue asap

Destiny2Victim
First Poster
Options
Mine sometimes straight up does not register any touch actions on the phone. I just got it 4 days ago and updated to android 13
0 Likes
Members_WmTOFTl
First Poster
Options

Same here with my Galaxy S21 FE.

0 Likes
itstheoneandonly
First Poster
Options
Same here with my S21 Ultra. I hope it gets fixed soon!
0 Likes
Danjester
First Poster
Options
Yup same here, S22
0 Likes
SamuelDamaged
First Poster
Options

Same issue on S21 FE, only after android 13 update. It seems like there's a gesture control added for grabbing an app or window from the bottom right corner to minimize into recent/open apps (if you continue to hold your finger after the swipe, you can move the window around as a grabbed object), and it's actively fighting against the swipe to back gesture as thet're located & activated in almost the exatc same spot, but I can't find anything detailing this or how one would deactivate the grab & minimize gesture. Frustrating, have been looking for days and this is the first time I've even seen other people mention it.

0 Likes
Halberion
First Poster
Options

Using a Z Fold3 here.
Updated to Android 13 recently after it came out.

I'm using Swipe Gestures (instead of the "buttons" navigation bar) with the swipe-up from the right being my "Back" button. On WhatsApp (ver. 2.22.24.78), the swipe gestures literally just FAIL occasionally. The only way out is literally by restarting/shutting down the phone, or by accessing Settings via my edge-panel >> Apps >> Settings. In Settings, I either set my Nav Bar to "buttons" and use it for a while, or set "buttons" and then a few seconds later, set it back to "swipe gestures".

The same thing happens when I'm using the native Samsung Internet browser, too.

Really annoying...hope this gets fixed soon.

0 Likes