Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want my old swipe gestures back

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Martin68
Explorer
Options
I just downgraded my phone by installing the latest UI as my swipe gestures no longer work the way I'm used to using them. I had originally set it for right swipe up to go back, middle swipe up to go to home screen and left swipe up to see all my open apps.
After the installation it defaulted to on screen buttons, so I went to change that, and only have swipe left and right options, and when I swipe from the bottom left to the right, I no longer see my open apps. I also now have a long grey line along the bottom of my screen which shows me where the home button is, I'm not stupid for needing this shown to remind me! Is there a way to uninstall this latest downgrade and upgrade back to my previous ui? 
I need my original swipe navigation back and remove that line on my screen. Is this possible, or have I now made my phone permanently less enjoyable to use?
Surely an upgrade (which I regard as a downgrade in this case) should add new features without removing old features. 
5 REPLIES 5
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Goodlock and NavStar 

Martin68
Explorer
Options
I've already downloaded goodlock and navstar but can't figure out how to get it to work.
Any procedure details?
0 Likes
Bearmanx
Student
Options
There's a quick video of this fix on YouTube. Very easy to do
0 Likes
Martin68
Explorer
Options
Thanks for your help, after watching the youtube video, I got it back. What I don't understand is, why wasn't it included in the 6.1 update in the first place?
0 Likes
Bearmanx
Student
Options
Compatibility I assume. There few fixes coming up on the June update from what I've read. Hope they address it
0 Likes