Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

AUTOMATICALLY RESTART S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 01-11-2022 10:00 AM)
Ronata28
Explorer
Options
Does anyone know where the "Auto Restart at set times" setting has gone ?
Since update to Android 13, this setting, (which used to be in the Reset setting )is
No longer there.

Cover image

Any help appreciated, thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's under device care settings, it is now called auto optimization but do think you can set any time intervals. You just have to have it switched on and it will automatically restart when it thinks the device needs too. It won't do it while your using the phone.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12
Solution
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's under device care settings, it is now called auto optimization but do think you can set any time intervals. You just have to have it switched on and it will automatically restart when it thinks the device needs too. It won't do it while your using the phone.
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
I was curious about this also
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's not available anymore, it's manual or when it wants to
Tariq_786
Pioneer
Options
It has been replaced by Auto optimisation (see screenshot). But I do agree, i miss the setting feature which o had set to 4am every day. Screenshot_20221101_102031_Device care_1000008884_1667298031.jpg
Ronata28
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the information, much appreciated.
0 Likes
daddypaddy
First Poster
Options
Thank you Keith30 this has been driving me nuts.
0 Likes
Mk200051
First Poster
Options

The problem with this is that it will only restart when you are not using your phone. So it can restart while you are sleeping, then it stops your phone alarm from working until it has been unlocked. I woke up late for work one day because of this. I have turned it off ever since and will just restart every weekend. 

0 Likes
TacoGuyDave
First Poster
Options

This feature is a step backwards, for me at least. I tried to circumvent by creating a routine to restart automatically, but that isn’t an option there either. I use my phone to turn my home security system on and off, but if my s22 Ultra is not restated, the app doesn’t work. So what was a simple task for me has now become a mundane daily task I have to do manually. I feel like my smartphone just lost some brain cells. Please consider bringing this feature back or adding it as a routine capability.

Ronata28
Explorer
Options
Since update to 13, it's disappeared. It has been replaced by an option for the phone to restart when it thinks it needs it. Another Samsung idea gone wrong.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it ".