Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.1 update navigation bar issue

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
MattVon
Journeyman
Options
I've just updated my phone and my experiance with the navigation bar has seriously deteriated, so I'm hoping there's a feature enabled I've not turned off and not an actual issue.

So my default navigation bar settings before the update was to swipe, so I could quickly swipe up to do the actions. Since the new update Google Assistant was hijacking these swipe actions, which I never wanted. So I've disabled that app and turned that function off now. 

However there's still issues, trying to access the task manager I have to now slide up slowly and hold for the animation loads, before I did a quick swipe and it would load instantly. 

Additionally, I have now have a permenant bar in the centre bottom on every app, which extends to just a black bar with nothing everytime I have the keyboard open. 

I've also noticed the navigation bar has changed, I can no longer swipe up to go back, instead if I want to go back, I have to swipe from the side. Is this a genuine change, because there was no information this was happening? It's also frustrating as hell, as I'm so used to swiping up to close my keyboard.

Not gonna lie, this is the first time I've been disappointed by an update. 
9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Google has implemented the changes in the Android operating system to accommodate the new AI features.
So I'm afraid these changes are here to stay.
However you can download Samsung Goodlock and the Navstar plugin.
This will give you customisations to alter these functions to more like it was
MattVon
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for this information, shame on Google. 😂

I have goodlock, so I'll check out navStar and see how I feel.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I love the swipe from the side to go back. 😻 Didn't realise so many people would have issues with it. 😱

Yeah, navstar helps a lot, so try that. 👍

Personally, I don't have a use case for circle to search, so it's not a big deal for me. 🤷‍♂️
MattVon
Journeyman
Options
I suppose it's only an issue for me because I'm so used to swiping up on the right to go back. Just a matter of retraining my brain and fingers to get used it. 😂

I've tried navStar, it doesn't seem. To have anything I want.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I tried but just couldn't get on with it
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Never know. Samsung might bring it back as an option as lots people seem to have not liked the change. Do send it as a feedback.
keith30
Maestro
Options
You can still use the button feature if you don't like the swipe actions, as you have the same device model as I have S22ultra
0 Likes
MattVon
Journeyman
Options
Yeah totally true, I just don't like the button feature either. Eats into valuable screen estate. 😕
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I used the same settings as you on previous phones and it was great getting rid of that bar at the bottom. I do hope Samsung bring us the option back with a real workaround. So it doesn't mess with the circle to search feature from Google. Even though I do use the CTS feature quite often.