Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Switch not connecting

(Topic created on: 07-09-2022 09:32 AM)
Buz25
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I'm looking to move all my apps and data from my S20 Ultra to my S22 Ultra using Samsung Smart Switch. I had partial success last night but not all my apps transferred. The phones now aren't connecting, I've tried 2 different cables, restarting both phones, reinstalling smart switch and connecting through WiFi but to no avail
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AshP_
Options

Hi @Buz25, this certainly sounds odd. Are you receiving any error messages when transferring your data using a wired or wireless connection via Smart Switch?

Buz25
Apprentice
Options
Hi, AshP_, when trying to connect via a cable my S20 has the graphic showing me to connect to my new phone, even though it is physically connected, and when I do the battery senses a power source. ( I can't find where to check my settings on connecting by cable to charge or be able to transfer files) when I try and connect by wireless both phones have the same image and state they are trying to connect and then timeout
0 Likes
AshP_
Options

@Buz25 Are you using an official Samsung cable to transfer your apps? Are both phones on the same Wi-Fi network? If they are and you're still having trouble connecting wirelessly, I recommend forgetting your Wi-Fi connection from both phones are re-adding it again. Head to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the settings cog next to your network > Forget to remove the network.

0 Likes
Buz25
Apprentice
Options
Hi, thanks, yes the cable I'm using is the new one I received with the S22 and also my existing Samsung cable from when I received the S20. I've managed to pair them via Bluetooth so they are aware of each others existence but that hasn't helped Smart Switch. I'll follow your advice on the WiFi and let you know how I get on
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I did my s10 to s21 via WiFi fast, and there are no issues
0 Likes
Buz25
Apprentice
Options
Hi AshP_, right, I've solved it. As usual PICNIC (problem in chair, not in computer) ! I had started Smart Switch on both phones before trying to connect by wireless or cable. What I did differently was to start it on one, then plug in to the other handset and wait then for the prompt on the second handset to start up Smart Switch, then it worked perfectly. Thanks for your help earlier
justanotheraho
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue, was going crazy trying to get it working. Your order of operations was the trick. Samsung has to fix that, that is not a good design. Having both apps open should be able to initiate a connection. But dude, thanks for the tip!

0 Likes