Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22+ wont Play My Google Purchased Movies?

(Topic created on: 22-09-2022 08:05 PM)
DasDoomGuy
First Poster
Options

Hey Everyone, 

1st time posting here and hoping to get some help. My Samsung S22+ is having issues playing my google play purchased movies. If the movie is not in 4k then it will play on my phone. If the movie is offered in 4k then it will not play, this is the patern I have noticed by troubleshooting. I purchased these movies and under my account so no reason why they would not be playing. 

I have tried clearing the apps cache and data, that doesnt work. I have uninstalled Google TV, then reinstalled and that doesn't work. 

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this and how to fix?

Thanks in Advance. 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I dont believe 4k movie playback is supported because your screen resolution is not 4k..

My Flip 4 won't play 4k movies either for the same reason it don't have a 4k screen.

There's plenty of info on Google regarding this.
0 Likes
DasDoomGuy
First Poster
Options

That is crazy because some of these movies I have watched on previous phones before in the past. Wouldnt it just play it at 1080p resolution if your phone or devices isnt 4k? That is how it normally works in my experience, not you cant watch movies you bought because they support 4k if that makes sense. 

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
It is supported. There is nothing stopping you playing videos
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Not according to the numerous posts I've read on Samsungs US forum.

Also 2 different Samsung phones can't play back 4k in the same streaming service, please elaborate as to why nothing is stopping us?
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Totally agree but on Google TV app you can select HD and 4k separately so maybe it has something to do with that but as I say its what I read on Samsungs US Forum and neither of us can play 4k from the same service.

Maybe someone who can play 4k from Google TV app on there Samsung phone will pop up and state they can.
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
I have a s22 base model I can watch all my Google play purchased movies just fine. Its not Google play that's the issue more like carrier firmwares or just because of sd soc
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Try removing your Google account from device and reading it then update all your Google apps via play store
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
No thanks to removing my Google account that will make no difference, so what your stating is you can select a 4k movie to play in only 4k (not a HD one only on google play movies app) and it plays on your s22?
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Yes it auto plays. Find don't remove you Google account and readd it. Its easy to do that and will fix your problem. Why don't people do the required steps any longer first before they moan about things not working? If you don't do the steps to fix it its not going to magically fix itself
0 Likes