Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 battery life (unhappy user)

(Topic created on: 27-08-2022 08:34 PM)
mbooma
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

EDIT : for me it's not the apps that I am using, it's mobile network or screen and I am sure 100% it's mobile network, with airplane mode I can watch 1080p movie with VLC and it take 20%, The signal is good in my home, alrezdy 3 ou 4 bars, maybé the sim ? because it's same thing when I am traveling to another country !!!

I Have my S22 ULTRA since 5 months and I am really unhappy  with battery life, I am not a big user, I don't have any games on my phone and can't stand a hole day even with economy battery mode.....why ?

The only thing that really work is airplane mode,but even when my GSM is active i am not kind who's using phone all time, juste some message or shorts calls on whatsapp or viber.....I have my phone with FHD resolution and battery adaptative mode....5G disabled....

do i need to charge twice by day every day ? ? it's disappointing specially when traveling, and why with another brand (who everyone know) I can stand with phone during one and half day with same use without charging ?

can samsung do anything about it ? I really want to stay with android phone !!

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Things, performance etc, should improve with Android 13 and UI 5

0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

You should contact Samsung's support. I know battery usage is relative but according to your description the phone should not need to be charged twice a day.

How much SoT do you get?. Battery has been a bone of contention so far.

I got a S22 Ultra. My SoT is abysmal but, I don't have any saving mode. I have enable WQHD screen, 5G enable. I use WhatsApp for voice and video calls and messages, as well as phone and messages apps for very occasional voice call and messages. A bit of VLC for music and some camera for photos and videos and I get through the day easily. 

What app is using more battery?

Can you check on Device care? 

Have you try the usual malarkey of clearing cache, optimising apps, etc?

0 Likes
plastic
First Poster
Options
I also replaced a new expensive battery two days ago but I have to change my phone 2/3 times a day. I can't understand?
0 Likes
mbooma
Journeyman
Options

Hello, did you change your operator or sim card ?

0 Likes
mbooma
Journeyman
Options

Thnaks for your support, can you share with us your battery usage? apps used ? operator ?

0 Likes
mbooma
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the answer...I did everything, reseting data, clearing cache partition, optimisation.

According to my investigations (I am in France), I see some posts in french saying that some network operator drain more bettery for data and volte because it depend the frequency used by the operator....but Iam not sure !!!

for me it's not the apps that I am using, it's mobile network or screen and I am sure 100% it's mobile network, with airplane mode I can watch 1080p movie with VLC and it take 20%... 

0 Likes