Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Wi-fi calling quit working after installing One UI 5 (Android 13)

(Topic created on: 18-11-2022 02:11 AM)
Droiderat
Explorer
Options

I have a new Galaxy S22 (SM-S901U1 - USA factory unlocked), purchased and placed into service on October 29 (as an upgrade from an S21).  While using the One UI 4.1 firmware (AVI5), Wi-Fi calling worked flawlessly (both making and receiving calls), as it did on the S21 (One UI 4.0) prior to that.

On November 15, I installed One UI 5 (Android 13); BVK1, and have found that Wi-Fi calling no longer works.  When I try to make a call, I receive an error message "Turn off Airplane Mode to make this call"; and calls made to me don't ring on the phone.

Wi-Fi calling is, of course, enabled at both my carrier (a T-Mobile MVNO) and on my phone.  FYI, the SIM is in SIM2 (eSIM), though I am not sure that is relevant to Wi-Fi calling.

Does anyone know how to fix this or is it a bug in the firmware?  I need Wi-Fi calling.

0 Likes
Go to solution
14 REPLIES 14
WelshBear
First Poster
Options

I seem to have the same problem since updating to Android 13.  The fix from Droiderat only works temporarily.  I contacted My network operator (Vodafone) and they sent revised settings to my phone and I restarted it.  Sure enough it worked for a while and then it wifi calling drops out and won't reestablish unless I restart the phone.  Occasionally it will reactivate but overall it is very unreliable.   

This has only happened since android 13 was installed.  We have a very poor/unworkable mobile signal and have wifi calling is essential 

0 Likes
Rich12346
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue since moving to Android 13. No issues on Android 12. I can only temporarily fix it by resetting network settings. Looks like a bug in the OS
0 Likes
Backes89
Journeyman
Options

Same here with a S20 FE 5G and it's just frustrating. With Android12/OneUi4 everything worked flawlessly and now with Android13/OneUI5 WifiCall works for a few hours after a restart and then suddenly stops again and the phone needs to restarted again.

0 Likes
bigdave52952
First Poster
Options

I have an S20 5G. I'm having the same issue. Wifi calling randomly stops until I restart the device. It's been happening since the downgrade to 13. It's a shame that these software companies use us customers to test their releases without paying us.

If ATT's service was any good I wouldn't need wifi calling

0 Likes
fred87kil
First Poster
Options

Hey, would you by any chance be able to describe where you were able to change this setting? Have the same phone but cant seem to find anything called carrier services. Thanks in advance

0 Likes