Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone at the start costs 1209£ on my contract but now its worth 5 after month

(Topic created on: 18-11-2022 06:31 AM)
Bipolarbear4873
Apprentice
Options
If I sold my phone which I'm thinking about the s21 in the chrome , but if I sold mine for what anyone (apart from scammers) I could even buy an s21 , even some s20 fe are worth more, now I know you prob thinking keep your phone , but I drop my phone an thought the s21 anyway , but essentially paying interest because u have to pay interest on it, then there's the fakes from China that have probably dropped too , I'm so pissed off that almost as soon as I get my contract the phone drops over half its value , my first proper phone on contract too 
I phoned my service provider and they basically said get lost so thought would ask u guys thank uk 😊

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Sorry, What is your question? If you could write it in fewer words would help some of us to understand the issue better. Please bear in mind that some members might not use English as the first language.

Did you drop your phone or are you referring to the drop in value?

Are you just complaining about the depreciation of the phone?

Depreciation is normal with everything we buy. As soon as we drive a car from the dealership, the value drops, after a year a thirds will be wiped out.

I imagine that phone on contracts would have more depreciation because they are linked to a contract and financial restrictions. Again, this is just speculation on my part, I have not bought a phone on contract for around 20 years.

0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
You are still liable for the bill if you have just taken out your contract so technically it's not yours too sell yet.

If you sold it and forfeited paying the bill the handset would get locked down and the 'new' owner' would be left with a brick in exchange for there money. Not too mention you would still be legally chased for the bill.

Samsung phones always lose value fast they like to milk the loyal user base then drop the special offers and sell at a reasonable(ish) price.

As for your contract supplier they're unlikely to help until your renew date as they already have you on the hook for the bill (which you agreed to pay, for the duration of your contract).

It's rare a contract deal is ever really worth it.

(Disregard this post if I have misunderstood what your saying as I'm partially repying to your other post too:-
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/want-to-do-a-bit-of-a-swop/td-p/6424880 )
0 Likes
Bipolarbear4873
Apprentice
Options
I know what u mean, all I mean is iv been sold a bill of goods on finance technically and its not worth anything , certainly less than half of what I'm being charged , I can pay cos I paid 512 pounds so if I didn't like it I could which they did at cost , but I will still pay 1209£
0 Likes
Bipolarbear4873
Apprentice
Options
I'm sorry mate I had a mini stroke 2 years ago sometimes , it's not depreciation. Or else od be able buy the model I used to have by selling this
0 Likes