Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Ultra - Wipe Cache Partition menu not accessible

(Topic created on: 07-03-2022 09:56 PM)
Members_O6vzf4N
Journeyman
Options

I got an S22 Ultra and due to the common lags and bugs (Twitter and others scrolling lag, non ideal video quality) I was trying to wipe the cache partition. However, I can't access the respective menu. All instructions suggest to turn the phone off (while have it on the charger), then press the "volume up" and "power" button at the same time for a couple of seconds and let go when the logo appears and then you can access that menu. That doesn't work for me. I've tried with and without plugging it into the chargerr; pressing down one button a couple of ms before the other one; letting go after a short while; keep pressing for longer....never succeeded, it always boots up normally and gives me the "enter PIN" screen.

Anybody else experiencing this? Any workarounds?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Instead of having it plugged in to the charger, you need to either 1) plug in wired headphones or 2) connect phone by the charging cable to a laptop / PC then ( with phone turned off ) do the button combination
( if connect to laptop / PC you don't need to do anything on the laptop - just have phone connected to it with the cable )

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
You have to plug it in on a pc
MrReckless247
Apprentice
Options
You either need to plug it into a computer or put earphones in the usb c port and do it, it worked for me when i done it that way.
Solution
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Instead of having it plugged in to the charger, you need to either 1) plug in wired headphones or 2) connect phone by the charging cable to a laptop / PC then ( with phone turned off ) do the button combination
( if connect to laptop / PC you don't need to do anything on the laptop - just have phone connected to it with the cable )
Members_O6vzf4N
Journeyman
Options

Thank you all, it worked when plugging it into my PC. In the tutorials I read it only said "charger or PC"...

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Glad you got it sorted
0 Likes
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
The tutorials are out of date....I think it is since either Android 11 or 12 you have to have it connected to a PC to access that menu....most tutorials online still refer to the old way prior to the change in Android software.....
0 Likes
Theresin
First Poster
Options

I still can't seem to get this to work - when I hold the keys (either connect to a pc or not) I get a warning about downloading a custom OS ... which obviously isn't what I'm trying to do. Any ideas?

Lingregg
Journeyman
Options
Same here in UK with chappy exynos S22 Ultra. Plugged into charger with phone off and charger on . Then tried it with charger off. Same with pc.
So easy with Note 9. Is this a difference between snapdragon and exynos
0 Likes
tituswife63
First Poster
Options

Are you holding volume up and power key? I did that once and got the same warning that you did. Try holding the volume down and power key while plugged into a PC.

0 Likes