Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra text message app.

(Topic created on: 28-11-2022 01:50 AM)
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Hi everyone! I have always thought myself quite "savvy" when it comes to sorting out my phone settings but this has really got me "stumped"! I've just got an unlocked, carrier/sim free s22 ultra 5g 512 g and my sms app looks totally different to what was on my s21 ultra. There doesn't appear to be a "recycle bin " option and the layout is totally different. Naturally I've done lots of research online for an answer regarding this and how to change the appearance to what I had on the s21 Ultra but none of the suggestions have worked. All I know is that I really don't like the new appearance AT ALL! Please help! Thanks.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @woodlouse ,

no worries, we are here to help. Since the latest software update (Android 12) users can choose what Messages app, they want to use: Google Messages or the Samsung Messages.

If you search for Messages on the Apps drawer you will be able to see them. They can be difference because the Samsung Messages app icon is a speech bubble with three dots inside and the Google one a double speech bubble. 

In regard to the Recycle Bin this feature is only available via the Samsung Messages app> Menu (3 dots top right)> Recycle bin. 

woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately when I follow your steps and return to the messaging app on my homescreen, I get a message in the middle of the screen saying " to use messages, make it your default app" and a button underneath saying "set default sms app". When I press it, nothing happens!
0 Likes
Mobz
Voyager
Options
What happens if you go on info page of Messages app and choose Messages where it says Messaging app

Screenshot_20221127_222515_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
It's ok - I've sorted it, thanks! 👍🙂
Mobz
Voyager
Options
Glad to hear 😊👍