Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra: Sound Issues

(Topic created on: 23-03-2022 10:36 PM)
RobDod
Student
Options

First, let me say I'm 100% a Samsung user. I've always been impressed. But I listened to nearly 90,000 minutes of music last year and if Samsung doesn't confirm if the sound issues myself and other posters here are hardware or software I'm going to have to return my S22Ultra. Audio is my number one selling point in a new Samsung and it's the only feature that has issues.

I was expecting beautiful sound quality from the phone itself and least of all did I expect the sound to be so much quieter than my S10+ in every way. The speakers are either smaller or not pumping as loud as they should be. Also via blue-tooth (Car, Samsung Buds, Sony Speaker), the sound is translated at a drastically lower volume. My Samsung USB-C to Aux adapter also reads the phone audio as being lower than my S10+. Let me be clear. The sound is definitely lower because of the S22 Ultra in some way.

I've tried developer mode sound settings, I've tried everything. At this point, I've isolated the problem as software or hardware of the S22 Ultra itself causing every supported audio platform to be quieter. I've NEVER returned a phone. I'd hate for this to be the first time if they don't vocalize their audio problem won't need a recall. 

95 REPLIES 95
Claudia727
First Poster
Options

I'm having similar issues.

I bought an S22 in March, which had sound issues relating to the speaker.  On phone calls, the sound would get really tinny and crackly, until I just couldn't hear the person.

I put it down to an issue with that particular device, and returned it to the store and bought a replacement. 

Just had the exact same issue with my new replacement S22.  Had a phone call yesterday where the sound was tinny and got progressively more quite until I couldn't hear the caller.

Switched between normal and speaker, restarted phone a couple of times, helped a bit for a while and them just went bad again.

Really annoying because I make a lot of phone calls.

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

Samsung is a already working on s23 and s24 so all of these issues are a moot point now.

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

It would really suck if Samsung leaves us all stuck with lemons!  

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

Agreed--but that's probably the truth.  By the next reveal, I will be ready to trade in for an Apple.  But now I know NOT to purchase anything from Samsung hot off the production line.  If Apple comes out with a Ipen for the Iphone that would be fabulous

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

I just googled Note 23---and there seems to be gossip about a new and improved.  Keep the rubbish s22u safe so that we can all trade in--apparently the battery life is supposed improve

The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

I saw the rumors as well regarding the Note 23 Ultra 5G. 

Im.really going to be ticked off of there is actually a resurrection of the Note series after I bought this garbage horrible sounding cheezy battery life S22 Ultra!

The rumors abound that the Note 23 Ultra 5G is going to have a 7600 some odd mAH battery and super fast charging. 

Talk about ways to lose customer loyalty, Samsung has succeeded!

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

All I can say is that I am happy that i kept my note 10 plus because I will trade in the garbage s22 ultra for either and apple or the new device.  One thing for sure, I am not running to order and I will find out about the battery and speakers prior.  

I will also purchase from Best Buy and NOT UNLOCKED.

The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

You can buy unlocked phones from Best Buy. 

I have ordered so many things from Samsung.com, including a $6,000 75" QLED TV, but I am not sure if I would ever order from Samsung.com again. 

The problem is: it's difficult, when you get a really horrible product like these S22 Ultra phones, to return them. It's not like a store that you can walk in and easily make an exchange.

And I don't know if I would ever pre-order a phone again. We ended up being the Beta testers stuck with all the problems.

If the speakers are undersized, there is no cure.  If the new chip drains battery at an overwhelming rate there is no cure.

If all this garbage is software related, we can hope that it will be fixed with an update.  But, by the time everything gets fixed, the new models will be out. 

Just last night I was listening to the speakers on my Note 20 Ultra 5G, what a world of difference, compared to these horrid, tinny sounding S22 Ultra speakers!

GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

I am staying with Locked phones and will purchase from best buy.

I will never pre-order from Samsung --ever!  I was going to trade in my device and wound up keeping it.  I guess I can trade the watch for something.  The phone will definitely go.  It is the 5 G that drains the phone and both SAMSUNG and verizon have not allowed to switch back unless you get that app.

We will have to wait forever for the updates and then  it will be time for the new model.  Well.  I just keep my phone on until it has only 30% or less.  Right now I am down to 55% with limited use since 7:30am today.  It is now 6:25pm---

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

Well, a few days ago at bedtime I had to laugh, or was that cry?  

I had 13% battery left on my S22 Ultra with only 41 minutes of screen on time. 

I took the phone off the charger in the morning at 4:30 am, went to bed at 10 pm. 

I checked the battery optimization menu, which stated no high battery usage etc , etc., etc 

I am very disappointed with battery. My S21 Ultra 5G lasts all day long with about 30 to 40% battery left at the end of the day, with hours and hours of screen on time.  

0 Likes