Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra: Sound Issues

(Topic created on: 23-03-2022 10:36 PM)
RobDod
Student
Options

First, let me say I'm 100% a Samsung user. I've always been impressed. But I listened to nearly 90,000 minutes of music last year and if Samsung doesn't confirm if the sound issues myself and other posters here are hardware or software I'm going to have to return my S22Ultra. Audio is my number one selling point in a new Samsung and it's the only feature that has issues.

I was expecting beautiful sound quality from the phone itself and least of all did I expect the sound to be so much quieter than my S10+ in every way. The speakers are either smaller or not pumping as loud as they should be. Also via blue-tooth (Car, Samsung Buds, Sony Speaker), the sound is translated at a drastically lower volume. My Samsung USB-C to Aux adapter also reads the phone audio as being lower than my S10+. Let me be clear. The sound is definitely lower because of the S22 Ultra in some way.

I've tried developer mode sound settings, I've tried everything. At this point, I've isolated the problem as software or hardware of the S22 Ultra itself causing every supported audio platform to be quieter. I've NEVER returned a phone. I'd hate for this to be the first time if they don't vocalize their audio problem won't need a recall. 

95 REPLIES 95
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options
  • Harman markets its products under various brands, including AKG, AMX, Arcam, Bang & Olufsen Automotive, Becker, BSS Audio, Crown, dbx, DigiTech, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon, Mark Levinson, Martin, Revel, Soundcraft and Studer.
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

We, the consumers, are the new Beta testers. You have to rush the product out to market even if it isn't ready yet. 

Agreed though, sane thing with my Note 9. 

0 Likes
magicalfactor
Journeyman
Options

Honestly it's probably not the hardware because I'm playing through my JBL speaker that I always use with my note 9 and there's all the same weird drop in different pitches rattling lack of depth and richness so there's a Kodak issue and this was fixed after about 8 or 9 months with my note 9 back in 2018 I literally almost threw my phone out the window I was so ticked about it so it kind of sucks that they don't make that a priority before they send out the phones but I'm certain they'll send out an update but it may just take a long time.

0 Likes
magicalfactor
Journeyman
Options

Now, I was driving in my car that has an amazing system using this phone last night and it was freaking badass bass and amazing depth. It's just I had to run it hot meaning everything was turned up as far as it would go and with my note 9 I didn't have to go quite as far to get that same level. Concerning fixes, just so you understand the complexity of this situation the issue is with software so getting an external speaker is not going to correct the issue, although having a better speaker source is going to improve it obviously because it's a better speaker but I'm listening on my Bluetooth speaker I always use and there's all kinds of sound issues from this phone so really it's just a matter of them sending out an update for the software. It's not the native speakers in the phone that are an issue, I am near  100% positive of that... because of what I dealt with my note 9... the same thing happened and then after 7-8 months they finally sent out an update and everything's been fine since. But I also got that phone right when it came out.

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

I hear the horrible sound quality in the phone calls too.

So you kept the S21?  I really fear that this phone will die sooner than later.  I never say so many videos on how to preserve the battery.  Such rubbish.

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

Crazy---I feel that  if I send in the trade, the S22 will break as soon as I do.

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

good to know!!

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

My note 10 plus was/is perfect except for the cracked screen--which is not so bad!

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

Thank you!  It is terrible that e-commerce/manufacturing is beyond unsatisfactory.  Consumers will think 1x --not even twice before the next "flagship" is produced.

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

and how is your battery life on the s22U

0 Likes