Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra: Sound Issues

(Topic created on: 23-03-2022 10:36 PM)
RobDod
Student
Options

First, let me say I'm 100% a Samsung user. I've always been impressed. But I listened to nearly 90,000 minutes of music last year and if Samsung doesn't confirm if the sound issues myself and other posters here are hardware or software I'm going to have to return my S22Ultra. Audio is my number one selling point in a new Samsung and it's the only feature that has issues.

I was expecting beautiful sound quality from the phone itself and least of all did I expect the sound to be so much quieter than my S10+ in every way. The speakers are either smaller or not pumping as loud as they should be. Also via blue-tooth (Car, Samsung Buds, Sony Speaker), the sound is translated at a drastically lower volume. My Samsung USB-C to Aux adapter also reads the phone audio as being lower than my S10+. Let me be clear. The sound is definitely lower because of the S22 Ultra in some way.

I've tried developer mode sound settings, I've tried everything. At this point, I've isolated the problem as software or hardware of the S22 Ultra itself causing every supported audio platform to be quieter. I've NEVER returned a phone. I'd hate for this to be the first time if they don't vocalize their audio problem won't need a recall. 

95 REPLIES 95
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

Samsung skimped on the speakers--only concentrating on the MASSIVE battery that DOES NOT LAST.  

Will these speakers distort the sound if hooked up to a Sonos or BOSE speaker?

SAMSUNG could care less about the BATTERY.  There are millions that are talking about optimization.  This phone was meant to be used, not look fo ways to optimized an already lousy battery.

The stylus is KEY.  Apple already has an Ipen on their Ipads. So it is a matter of time.

If you do not have Samsung nearby, then I would return both devices.  50/50 you may get something better in return, but do you want that risk?

I have had Motorola in the past--way past and never remember any issue.

I think a field trip to Verizon is  must later.  Just to compare the devices.

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

Agreed!  You owe it to yourself to at least go test drive the iPhone 13. 

Please post back on your findings!

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

Of course!  I will most likely go tomorrow.

Call Verizon or chat with them--see what deals you can find.

I shared the sound with a few members at my gym yesterday and they were like.."what the heck is that???"

Will the bluetooth of this device ruin the sound of sonos or bose speakers?

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

I seriously doubt if Bluetooth will ruin your Bluetooth speakers. 

• I own a 2019 Ram 1500 with a 19 speaker Harmon Kardon sound system and a 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe with a Harmon Kardon sound system. The S21 Ultra sounds like $___ through both systems where my old S21 Ultra sounds amazing!
  • There is just something not right with the firmware that operates these phones. Plus the speakers are horrible!
0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

So the S22 ultra does not work on your car with the Harmon Kardon?

Do you have the ear buds?  I don't use headphones or buds because I want to be aware of my surroundings at all time.

I just listen to Sirius whenever I am in my car which is just to/from work and errands.

I guess I could invest in a BOSE speaker if I want to listen to music from my phone--BUT STILL!

Samsung knows.   It is just a matter of time that someone's device overheats enough to cause fire--or the firmware destroys another device.

Just wait.

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

The S22 Ultra does work in both my vehicles, it just doesn't sound as good as my S21 Ultra does. 

I don't want to sound totally negative towards Samsung, but after my chat session, they would not budge on extending my return period for my S21 Ultra. 

I wanted to hold onto the S21 Ultra until Samsung attempts to fix these S22 Ultras. 

I may visit Best Buy in Harrisburg Pennsylvania where they have Samsung representatives, so I can show them my crooked watch screen and let them hear the horrible speakers in my phone. 

Maybe they will help me!  Samsung com certainly did not care at all. 

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

I posted that question about the sound on external devices in this community--want to see what response I get.

So the awful speaker sound is transmitted through your car speakers? So are you saying that even with a BOSE wireless, the sound will not improve?

I cannot believe..no extension.

The Samsung rep at the best buy by me was awful, but the phone guys both agreed before the transformer was repaired in my phone that the sound was horrific.

Do you have an authorized samsung repair by you?  That may be better than a rep.  Both are worth a try.

Did you chat with Verizon about deals?

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

The sound of the S22 Ultra definitely improves over Bluetooth, but I don't think it is as good as previous Samsung phones including my S21 Ultra. 

The Bluetooth codec or software must be different. The sound is just meh!

Didn't chat with Verizon yet, I'm at work. Verizon customer service is as bad or worse than Samsung. 

I may try another chat with Samsung and hope that I get a halfway intelligent representative that has some compassion and empathy toward the issues many of us are experiencing. 

0 Likes
GeminiJanet
Voyager
Options

I am thinking of investing in a External speaker for music but if the phone distorts that, that would be another strike.

I find that speaking to Verizon is better than chat.  

Keep trying with Samsung--and bring up that your phone is in repair.

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Voyager
Options

The internal speakers distort. The phone doesn't distort through Bluetooth, it just lacks high end, warmth and spacial sound ) it's just meh!

0 Likes