Journeyman
Options
No GPS signal,
but my Note 9 had no problems!
633 REPLIES 633
igna2
Journeyman
Options

That's because walking it can use A-GPS (it uses cell antennas / wifi as a backup) but this seems to be an issue with actual GPS reception. 

You can check with apps like GPS Status. If it says 0 satellites you know it's not working. 

0 Likes
Biray
Apprentice
Options

I am also having the location issue on my S22 Ultra (Exynos). It is able to locate me but it doesn't recognise any movement when I'm driving. I've neever had any problems with the GPS on my Note 8, Note 10+ or S20+. 

0 Likes
posvanc
Explorer
Options

Same problem with my Galaxy S22 Ultra with Exynos. Device locate position when i start navigating, but it doesn't recognize movement. After restart is everything OK for few minutes/hours and then it doesn't work again. 

0 Likes
Pmarty37
First Poster
Options

Same here, on my s22 ultra, Waze or Google maps, nothing works if I don't restart the phone ...

0 Likes
Members_dqykFok
First Poster
Options

Same here no gps after few hours ,hopefully fix is on the way

0 Likes
FantasticFox
Apprentice
Options

My Gps been working again last few days and my option with s pen connected is off 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20220323-133337_Air command.jpg

S.J.Watt
0 Likes
BiffaZ
Journeyman
Options

Still no news from Samsung, maybe we should start to highlight this to the press.

0 Likes
Members_nGeTBxB
Apprentice
Options

I do have the same problem  no gps fix while using google maps

0 Likes
saturn3000
Pathfinder
Options

There seems to be a new S908BXXU1AVCF update under test that fixes the GPS problem, fingers crossed!

s22ultrauser
First Poster
Options
Updating Google maps to the latest version, restarting my phone, and clearing the cache all had no effect. The GPS just isn't working properly. Having searched online, it looks like this is an issue for a fair few S22 users. Anyone know when Samsung is going to send out a fix?
0 Likes