Journeyman
Options
No GPS signal,
but my Note 9 had no problems!
633 REPLIES 633
johpe
Explorer
Options

Sounds promising, is it out in some countries or how do you know about it? 

0 Likes
renton82
Voyager
Options

I found that disable sim and re enable it  (under manage sim menu),  solve temporarily this problem (you have to see "no nignal" icon for a second or two).

0 Likes
MarcNL89
Student
Options

Screenshot_20220323-234815_Samsung Members.jpg

 samsungs reply on my error report about the gps issue. I guess next updat will be at start of April hopefully earlier

0 Likes
Ticulos
Student
Options
I have the same problem. Apparently there are more users experiencing this issue. Also phone freezes on lock screen and restarts itself after 1-2m, didn't saw anyone reporting this last one.
0 Likes
Greg420
Student
Options

In the same spirit, I put back my Sim card on my N10+ and used the GPS on the S22U (Exynos) since 3 days now, without a SIM. Right now I wonder if I'm gonna keep the device, with all that launched retarded (Got mine 10 days ago and was ordered/paid since mid february, delivery in store promised upon the 25th of feb ... And now this, with the MicroSD lacking too (I knew it before but still, that's a downgrade), Samsung didt better in the past and at better price. If they continue this way, some will not spend so much at Samsung but will go to Oppo (Or BBK : OnePlus, Realme, Vivo and now Nothing), Xiaomi or even ... Apple since the price ar so similar.

0 Likes
Yuriy YSB
First Poster
Options

Hello. Is it for all versions? May be you know. I have Qualcomm version in Israel. Thank you 

0 Likes
DDD22
Apprentice
Options

There's something wrong with all this GPS thing....I got my Exynos S22U a lot after I was completely aware of the possibility of having such issues. And GPS is very important feature for me. So I have my phone for over a week now and having tried to reproduce the problem I just can't, it works just fine.
I've tested it multiple times including different locations for fix, phone has never been rebooted. Also did an hour of driving with google maps in the city and out to test in all conditions I no problems at all.
The phone behaves the same as last year's S21U. 

How is it possible if that is a software issue that I don't experience it? Maybe you can suggest a different test to reproduce the issue?

ps Waze is also working as expected.

0 Likes
Members_DxeHJKx
First Poster
Options

It's probably a hardware failure due to them using subparts from different manufacturers which weren't fully tested and some probably throw errors. The software fix is probably the system just adding an additional error message and treating that with properly restarting the GPS module.

I used a workaround posted by someone else here. Get Tasker, create a task where every hour it checks for location. This probably prevents the GPS module from completely going to sleep and it will notify of an error when indoors. You can select to not show that error anymore and it would be like you never have the problem.

Still pathetic anyway that we have to apply these workarounds on a 2022 1000$+ flagship phone. Takes me back some years when I could only afford low or mid range phones and milked the hell out of them with custom roms 

DDD22
Apprentice
Options

Probably its the same type of issue as some folks seem to have extremely laggy Exynos phones, others are just fine. How would that be possible? And of course all blame it on the Exynos by default while its actually pretty ok this year.  Also have you noticed so many different phones benchmark too differently as well? Its strange at least to see a 20-30% differences between them...

GPS issue might be software one if we didn't have a working phones to compare to, but having them how can it be? Maybe all the users here do something software related to kill the gps in the background or in regards with the UI as it was mentioned last year with S21 line gps issues?

0 Likes
ArtemRU
Apprentice
Options

I tried Tasker, but didn't work, so my salvation is "s-pen on mode".

It has been working for 2 days now without phone reboot.

0 Likes