Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Ultra (Exynos) : strange issue black screen in Chrome / Edge

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 12:46 AM)
clockworkdeluca
Explorer
Options

*** UPDATE: After following advice in here I'm currently using Firefox and this seems to help. Hopefully this means it's just a software issue that can be resolved in an update. ***

Random black screen in browser e.g. Chrome, Edge or Twitter app. Goes away if rotating phone to landscape & back, pressing the left App switching button, pressing power/lock and unlock again, or swiping from top. Especially happens when scrolling or on pages with video.

Have reinstalled, factory reset, cleared caches etc. Anyone else seen this?

Go to solution
57 REPLIES 57
Breach
Explorer
Options

Same problem! Happens occasionally in Chrome, thought I was pressing something incidentally. S22 Ultra, exynos, 256GB. Reported via Members but the usual replies there are to clear cache or factory reset or boot in safe mode (useless).

clockworkdeluca
Explorer
Options
Yeah no form of cache clearing or resetting makes any difference. Weird rhat it's only some websites. I assume they use some graphics library our shiny new phones don't like 🤔
Breach
Explorer
Options

Probably a GPU driver incompatibility Hopefully, it's only software and fixable.

Dimz
Explorer
Options

I'm getting the same issue. If you turn your phone into landscape (if it's in portrait) or vice versa, that "fixes" it. 

S22 ultra 1tb here. And yeah, this is quite the insult towards us, the customers. Especially when there are a ton of people like me, who have been samsung customers for many years. I've bought countless phones, tablets, tvs off Samsung but I'm not sure I'll be buying anything else...

0 Likes
Surrqv
First Poster
Options

Same for me. 

It's really annoying. For me it happens when i'm browsing. Need to press the power on button to get screen started again.

Hopefully Samsung will make a fix pretty soon otherwise I need to start using my old Phone again.

Dimz
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
Members_BBEqtdU
First Poster
Options

Yes having this issues since yesterday. Called samsung today and they used smart tutor to connect to my phone. They found no issues told me to contact them after 2-3 days to see if they have an update on the issue. 

0 Likes
clockworkdeluca
Explorer
Options
Can you swipe from the top of press the left "apps" button when it goes black? Not sure of the actual namd of that button but it's the one that looks like : I I I
0 Likes
JanOleH
Apprentice
Options

Found a fix after some testing.

Seems Chrome don't like WQHD+

After I downscaled to FHD+ the problem seems to be gone. Please do some testing and comfirm..

I hope we get a fix soon.

Dimz
Explorer
Options

So basically if you're scrolling through any page with video media on it, that triggers it. Like I already mentioned, turning the phone into landscape/portrait puts the screen back on.