Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Camera x2 Zoom has stopped working

(Topic created on: 05-09-2023 01:55 PM)
SteveWalker
Apprentice
Options
All of a sudden, the X2 Zoom on my S22 Ultra has stopped working. I select X2, and I simply get a X1 image.

If I pinch zoom to 1.9, I see a zoned image. But from 2.0 up t2. 9, the image as saved is not the image that I see on the screen. 

I'm using 4:3 aspect ratio. 

X2 was working perfectly until a couple of days ago. 

I have restarted the phone and rest the camera app, to no avail. 

Anyone got any ideas? 
12 REPLIES 12
Members_jkJoomM
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same experience, only difference being my aspect ratio is 16:9. It started happening after a firmware update. It only happens for some images though; so I didn't notice it at first. I suspect it's a problem with the greater use of AI in the camera app.

bitoclass
Apprentice
Options
I've seen this sometimes too (in 16:9) since the September update. How do we report this S22 Ultra bug to Samsung to get it fixed?
Members_TCcT6y8
First Poster
Options

Same bug here...

MrMiles
First Poster
Options
Same issue for me, noticed it happening more in darker photos. Lighter photos seem to x2 zoom with no problems 🙈
Neokfire7
First Poster
Options

I had the same.problem.  I thought I was the only one with this....so I read that post,  and I simply try this.... I change between 3:4 to 16:9 and generally all the analysis ... now it works fine!!!  

LinWieMusic
Student
Options

Exact same problem over here! Has anyone found a solution? 

Thanks a lot 

tkk247
First Poster
Options
Same issue here! Has this been resolved or does anyone have any idea how to sort this out?
SteveWalker
Apprentice
Options
How can one raise this issue with Samsung? It's very annoying, and two software updates haven't addressed it. I'd like to escalate it, but I don't know how
0 Likes
Members_q60xHhj
Student
Options

Same here, 2x zoom is totally f***ed up, it's been like here for months now, where's the fix??? Samsung get your sh*t together, release the fix ASAP!