Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage accounts add new e mail account

(Topic created on: 26-01-2024 03:59 PM)
Carol26
First Poster
Options

hi I hope someone can assist. I am configuring my new galaxy phone. Yesterday I added two e mail accounts using manage settings >out.ook>add account>pop setting. This worked. One account is still working one e mail account has stopped working. I am invited to sign into that account, but when I enter the information the sign up fails. I know the details are correct because I have them logged into an IPad and PC and they are working.
Rather than “sign in” I tried to go back to manage settings and add the account but now there is no pop option, only IMAP.  to be 100% correct  the pop option appeared, and then disappeared which makes no sense. The only thing different from yesterday I can think of is the phone launched a system update , more than 1 i think. I would be very grateful if someone could assist I really don’t know what to try. Many thanks @alinks to members 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Carol26: As an alternative approach, I recommend removing your Outlook account via Settings > Accounts and backup > Manage accounts > Outlook > Remove account, and utilising the dedicated Outlook app to access your emails. This can be found by swiping up from your Home screen > Microsoft (folder) > Outlook. 

This should then allow you to add your second Personal (POP3) email address via Settings > Accounts and backup > Manage Accounts > Add account > Personal (POP3). Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Carol26
First Poster
Options

Thanks for replying I will take a look at this. I’m still baffled as to why one email account works and not the other and why the pop3 settings have disappeared. Does the outlook as it appears on the phone only allow one e mail account? Thanks for help. 

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can I ask what email providers you use for the two accounts?

Gmail?outlook.com? Hotmail? O365? Etc.....
0 Likes