Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra 25 vs 45 W charging

(Topic created on: 21-03-2022 03:12 PM)
nikpatel19
Apprentice
Options
So I'm really surprised by this..... I bought a new expensive 45W Samsung charger for my new S22 Ultra to replace my existing old 25W charger from my S20+. 

I've tested both and there appears to be no difference in charging speed. Both the 25W and 45W charger takes exactly the same amount of time to charge my phone and I now feel mislead into buying a 45W charger. 

Does anyone else have a similar experience or does anyone know why the 45W performs the same as a 25W?
13 REPLIES 13
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I was surprised that is felt alot faster it my just be psychological

Yes It's was a great night out 🤣
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@Robot Maybe, as long as working for you. Good to hear it was a great night 😅

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Members_RnbWfQP
First Poster
Options

I agree with your conclusion. I got my 45w charger effectively free because Samsung bunged me some bonus reward points, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. The 25w charger I got with my S20 was doing just fine with the S22 ultra. However, what I've noticed is that the 45w charges my tab S7 about a third faster than the 25w, which is a decent improvement.

0 Likes
LION-
Student
Options

The 45W is a scam and the 25W is basically buying a burger at burger king instead of buying the same burger at a restaurant that charges you double the money for the same *****. *Mic drop*

0 Likes