Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Slow WiFi Connection

(Topic created on: 21-03-2022 03:37 PM)
svl1
Journeyman
Options
Hi I am only getting 2-3mbps when connected to my WiFi.  My old S20 now being used by my partner  is up at expected 60-65mbps.  Any ideas? 
36 REPLIES 36
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am connect to BT home hub and getting some pretty decent speeds

SmartSelect_20220321-203045_Settings_3561_1647894645.jpg
0 Likes
svl1
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for your help, I couldn't have got through this without you.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What router/hub you connected to?
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

WiFi connectivity is not a one side issue, its a combination of device and router and Internet speed

Without additional information it hard to assist

But glad i could help you
0 Likes
Ty2022
Navigator
Options
I've had this a few times but luckily it's only happened when I've been using lots on my phone,lots of apps open etc,have you tried closing all recent apps,then go in to device care,optimize and clean memory,then try doing a speed test to see if its any better?
0 Likes
Alibrow
First Poster
Options
I've had the same issue, I switch to airplane mode on then off an the WiFi strength is great up at 45mb+ for 2-3 minutes then drastically falls to less than 1mb. Router isn't the problem as every other device is fine. I've been using my Mobile data work which works fine an doesn't seem to have the same issue
JamesP007
Journeyman
Options

I've been having the same issue on and off for a while now. Alongside of random wifi drops. Even when right next to the router. None of my other devices have the same issue. I even rebooted my old S10 to test it next to my S22 Ultra. The S10 hit 200-300Mbps, while the S22 Ultra only reached 7-20Mbps. Yes, on the same network (5Ghz) and no, I didn't run the tests simultaniously but right after one and other.

Rebooting the S22 does help. But only for a few minutes. The same with the airplane mode trick.

Anyone have any other ideas? Because this is getting ridiculous.... 

I have the Exynos model by the way. Not sure that's the culprit, but I haven't heard any complaints about the Snapdragon models...

Hamman
First Poster
Options

Did you contact support? I did with no results, Im dropping from 300+ to 20+, no problems at all with S10e

0 Likes
svl1
Journeyman
Options
I don't find rebooting helps either tbh. How do I find whether I have Exynos or Snapdragon chipset, do you know?
0 Likes