Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra 25 vs 45 W charging

(Topic created on: 21-03-2022 03:12 PM)
nikpatel19
Apprentice
Options
So I'm really surprised by this..... I bought a new expensive 45W Samsung charger for my new S22 Ultra to replace my existing old 25W charger from my S20+. 

I've tested both and there appears to be no difference in charging speed. Both the 25W and 45W charger takes exactly the same amount of time to charge my phone and I now feel mislead into buying a 45W charger. 

Does anyone else have a similar experience or does anyone know why the 45W performs the same as a 25W?
13 REPLIES 13
jinna
Journeyman
Options
My s20+ got 45w charger that comes with it...
0 Likes
nikpatel19
Apprentice
Options
@jinna That's interesting and really strange, given that S20+ only supported up to 25W.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I bought my 45W charger back with my Note 10+. It is faster on my S22 Ultra for the first 80% but in the end overall, it isn't that much different. I'm not upset about it, as its what I expected given prior devices. I'm more impressed they've improved 25W charging far more efficiently. Compared to my S20 Ultra, it's nearly 30m off a full charge time at 25W.

3rd party 45W chargers are actually easier to come by nowadays and at much cheaper prices, so best to shop around first before buying Samsungs own, my humble advice. If you own a Galaxy Tab S7 or S8 series, the 45W charger makes far more sense.
0 Likes
nikpatel19
Apprentice
Options
Just found this article which is really interesting:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5google.com/2022/03/10/galaxy-s22-charging-45w-comparison/amp/

But basically says there's not added benefit using a 45W charger despite the S22 Ultra support 45W charging. I don't get it 😕
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Truthfully, there isn't a huge benefit if you always charge to 100%. However if you only charge to around 80% you'll shave off maybe 10 to 15 minutes or so.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Need to see other people's experiences but on the surface seems minimal difference if fulling charging, partial charge is where you will notice more benefit.  Some have claimed that the new 45 watt chargers have improved as fixed overheating  issue  but obviously not the experience of @nikpatel19 .

A video here though apparently they were not using the most up to date charger.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Londonboyjohn
Explorer
Options

Using my 20 ultra 45w charger 👍

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't know about others but brought the 45w charger for my s22 Ultra, I do feel it is faster, topping up phone before night out on the town seems alot faster than old 25w

I have no stats just from using it
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@Robot obviously you have found the 45 watt charger well worth it,thanks for sharing. Take it you were fully charging, hope you enjoyed your last night out 😁

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.