Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 speakerphone coming on by itself during call

(Topic created on: 19-03-2022 04:03 PM)
182_blue
Pioneer
Options

As title, when I'm on a call the Samsung s22 Ultra turns the loud speaker on whilst I'm on a normal call all by itself, anyone else have this issue? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @182_blue. How odd! Have you tried resetting your app preferences to see if that fixes it? Just head to Settings > Apps > Tap on three dots > Reset app preferences.

View solution in context

0 Likes
71 REPLIES 71
Solution
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Hey @182_blue. How odd! Have you tried resetting your app preferences to see if that fixes it? Just head to Settings > Apps > Tap on three dots > Reset app preferences.

0 Likes
182_blue
Pioneer
Options

I haven't done that and I am not sure I want to loose all my app preferences, do you think this is a fix for my issue? 

AndrewL
Options

@182_blue: It's worth exploring all avenues when troubleshooting an issue, but I do understand your concerns. Are you using a headset when making/receiving calls? If so, can you try disconnecting it temporarily to see if the issue persists? If this isn't applicable, try heading to Settings > Apps > Phone > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache, then restart your device. 

If the problem persists then, next time you're on a call, check to see if the screen turns off when you hold the phone to your ear, just in case you're accidentally pressing the loud speaker button. To test your proximity sensor, dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, tap on the Sensor tile, then hold your palm over the front camera. Does the screen turn green and vibrate? 

0 Likes
182_blue
Pioneer
Options

"dial *#0*# into your telephone", I tried this and there isn't an option for proximity sensor in the sensor tile, I put my hand over the camera and nothing happens, but the same applies for my wife's Samsung s22 

0 Likes
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Happened on my S21 Ultra today...
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Jmo3
First Poster
Options

I'm also having this issue!

I just purchased the S22 Ultra yesterday, and I can't seem to make a call on speaker without it automatically dropping off.

I haven't had any luck resetting the app preferences - if anyone else has any ideas, please do share them.

thetilko
Student
Options

Same problem with my  S22. If it persist I am returning the device, because it makes it useless for calls. 

Members_Iw9uyLf
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same with and without the headsets being used.

Any luck in getting help from Samsung?

182_blue
Pioneer
Options

Nobody seems interested, it still does it now and then and can't seem to find a fix, had a few updates and non of those fixed it either.