Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 speakerphone coming on by itself during call

(Topic created on: 19-03-2022 04:03 PM)
182_blue
Pioneer
Options

As title, when I'm on a call the Samsung s22 Ultra turns the loud speaker on whilst I'm on a normal call all by itself, anyone else have this issue? 

Go to solution
71 REPLIES 71
mattpbrown
First Poster
Options

I've been having the same problem with my Note 20 Ultra. Not sure if this is a Samsung issue or an android issue though?

Either way, if it keeps doing it, it'll be the last Samsung I buy for a long while!

0 Likes
QuayStu
First Poster
Options
  • Open Settings
  • Scroll down and select Apps
  • Scroll down to/search for and select Phone
  • Select Storage
  • Click "Clear Data"

Just tried myself, hopefully will work

Seems this issue has been around since the S21, other people have reported that turning off Wifi Calling has helped.

0 Likes
yanik73
First Poster
Options

Same issue. Speakerphone turns on by itself during outgoing calls 

0 Likes
Gabriel_D
First Poster
Options

What is odd is that the same behaviour  I had on an S8+ (after One UI update) and again on S21 Ultra.

I see other people having same issue with different phone, so something is happening in software when reading some data from sensors. If I put my phone flat on a table is not doing it, if I hold it in hand is happening every 20 seconds. 

In other thread someone said to clean the front of phone of any face grease, maybe that explains why is happening from time to time and that is messing up with the proximity sensor.

But moderator is: "how odd..."

0 Likes
Dia23
First Poster
Options

Same thing happening with my A53. So irritating and painful might I add

0 Likes
Sebastian Maurer
First Poster
Options

Same issue, just had it happen moments ago on an S22.

My ears are still rining.

SAMSUNG, ACTIVATE ! DO SOMETHING !!

0 Likes
Members_TR36sJe
Student
Options

Hi guys. Same issue on my S22. It is very annoying. Is there a permanent fix? 

0 Likes
182_blue
Pioneer
Options
My permanent fix was to buy a S23
0 Likes
19FLTRXS
First Poster
Options

Samsung, why have forums if you are refusing to help your community? (same issue, note 20.)

Been buying your top of the line phones for the last 10 years, and almost a new device every year, not to mention other devices like tvs, monitors, computers, hardware, etc. if you can't fix this issue, and give a competent solution to your community besides settings, that's BS, mine never did this till it received one of the updates.

PLEASE, KEEP IGNORING THIS, AND GIVE ME A REASON TO STOP BUYING YOUR PRODUCTS, it will save me a ton of money...........

0 Likes
c10b
First Poster
Options
Bump. Same issue on S22+
0 Likes