Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 plus heating and battery drain

(Topic created on: 19-10-2023 01:32 AM)
Snownado
First Poster
Options

My S22plus has worked great until about two weeks ago, roughly about the time of the latest Samsung security update (Oct 6).  I only have about 1.5 hours of screen time a day and my remaining battery % would be around 60-70% most days after 16-17 hours of powered up time.  Since the update my phone is hot, almost all the time, and drains to zero in about 12 hours with very little usage on many days, but not every day.  No new apps, no changes to settings.  I will have all apps closed and battery still drains quickly.  Phone is 10 months old and it's hard to believe it is any type of hardware failure given that it was consistently good and seemed to change overnight and now is intermittently good.   Anyway.. tried to disable a bunch of background stuff and change settings in apps like Chrome that are really the only thing I use much but no difference.  Any other advice?   

3 REPLIES 3
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
Try and clear the Cache Partition. This can solve slot of device issues. This is something I do on a regular basis to keep my phone running smoothly.

There are plenty of videos of demonstrations on how to do this, which is easier than me trying to explain.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Snownado: To give you an idea of what might be causing your battery to drain, please charge the phone to 100%, use it as you would normally until it reaches around 30%, then head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Tap on the usage graph, then check the breakdown below. Can you see any apps or features listed that might be a contributing factor? 

0 Likes
Puffrider
First Poster
Options

This is the same behaviour I am seeing with my s22 plus from latest update. Charging 2 times a day really painful

0 Likes