Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarting multiple times a day S22

(Topic created on: 14-01-2023 01:27 PM)
ArcticSimon
Explorer
Options
Anyones base s22 restarting multiple times a day? It restarts when I'm using it, when I'm not using it, charging overnight, I saw it restart when just sat on my car dash then when I got home I went to unlock it and it restarted again. 6-10 times a day. Auto optimisation is not on. 
32 REPLIES 32
ArcticSimon
Explorer
Options
It turned out to be hardware fault. Wefix have been out to it today. Changed the motherboard and something on the sim card as that was showing a fault. Been done so far. Was happy with the service.
0 Likes
adamitj
Student
Options

Hello @ArcticSimon. I have a S22 Ultra 256 GB and can confirm it began to reboot after last night upgrade to OneUI 5.1. Until I was using OneUI 5.0 it was working flawlessly.

I upgraded yesterday around 19:00 hs and since then it rebooted by itself at least 10 times, 40 to 60 minutes intervals. 

This morning at 6:00 I disabled extra RAM (was set to 4 GB) and switched to Microsoft Launcher. So far, no more reboots. I know it's too early to consider it a victory, but I know how frustrating is to have a top flagship smartphone from Samsung experiencing such an annoying issue without having adequate support. 

ArcticSimon
Explorer
Options
Sorry you are experiencing the same problem. I disabled the extra ram and it didn't restart for a while, but then it started again. I had to contact Samsung support and get wefix to come out and change the motherboard. Touch wood, no problems. I have the update to 5.1 pending though 🫣
0 Likes
Pixzl
Apprentice
Options
Hey, I've also been experiencing the random crashes and restarts on my S22 256GB. From what I can recall it started happening after the November 2022 patch. I've tried all the troubleshooting methods but of course with no avail. I've managed to arrange a WeFix door service through samsung but I'm just afraid they aren't going to spot the issue!
0 Likes
adamitj
Student
Options

Hello everyone. Unfortunately disabling extra ram did not fix the problem. I performed a full factory reset from the screen booting into recovery and it fixed. I'm using OneUI 5.1 for at least 1 week without any auto reboots.

0 Likes
Spansie
First Poster
Options
I too am experiencing this repeat crashing - it's doing my head in and I'm amazed I haven't smashed it against a wall by now 🤪😂 I'm reluctant to do a factory reset especially seeing that it doesn't seem to help! Ive been so happy with Samsung phones but this one, I absolutely loathe......

Trying to decipher from the chat thread what the best steps are to resolve the issue?
0 Likes
ArcticSimon
Explorer
Options
Hi Spansie. Unfortunately I tried everything suggested in the thread and nothing worked. Till Samsung arranged wefix to come out and look at it. They replaced the 'motherboard' and it has been fine since. No crashes since.
0 Likes
niknox76
First Poster
Options
I have the s22. Been a nightmare ever since I bought it! Thought the problem would correct itself, it didn't. Seriously considering getting rid of it. Seems that it's worse in cold weather! 4 times today!! And screen keeps crahing and freezing.
0 Likes
Members_4Ov5GIm
Apprentice
Options

Same here, I am going to smash it, you want the best phone, you buy it, and it keeps restarting. Useless. I am so angry and disappointed. 

0 Likes
ArcticSimon
Explorer
Options
Contact Samsung and get them to get wefix out to it. Was the only way to fix mine.
0 Likes