Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random calling via Car bluetooth

(Topic created on: 19-11-2022 09:25 PM)
emeles
Pathfinder
Options
My S22 Ultra is connected to my 3 yr old Volvo XC60 via Bluetooth handsfree.

Recently my mobile *on EE network) has started randomly calling numbers. The call shows on the car screen but pressing 'end call' on car screen or on mobile makes no difference. The only way to stop the phantom call is to disconnect Bluetooth connection.

After doing this neither the car screen nor my mobile shows this call as a "recent call'

Spoke to Volvo who claim hheu have never heard of this issue and also to EE who first said contact car manufacturer then acknowledged the issue and suggested 'resetting connections' in mobile settings.

I did this and the fix lasted about 1 hour suggesting it wasn't the solution.

So car manufacturer say it's not thr car, EE say its not the mobile network and I guess Samsung will say its not the handset!

I don't believe I am the only one to experience this happening so maybe if you are the one other person who has experienced this (and found a fix) please let me know.....thanks
12 REPLIES 12
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I know it's not funny, but recently I posted here saying that my Galaxy watch 5 pro is spooky and haunted

It does random things at night... I call it The Curse of Leaving Apple
0 Likes
BigMitch
Student
Options

I have the exact same problem and it definitely is not a vehicle issue. I've used my phone in my truck, 2018 Ford F-150, and my wife's vehicle, 2019 VW Atlas, and I experience the same issue. It connects randomly, usually when I first get in the vehicle and will not disconnect. I have to restart the phone to get it to disconnect and restore the functionality to my truck/suv. 

I'm a lifelong android/samsung user, but not any longer if I can't get this fixed. 

Gunner0300
First Poster
Options

I have an S21 doing the same thing. It's not the car or the network. I have tmoble, so different from yours. And this issue has happened to me in my 2017 silverado, my wife's 2021 Mercedes, and my daughters 2021 Mazda cx30. 

When I look at my phone, it doesn't show its in a call. But the car thinks I am and cuts out music. And shows an active call.

Disconnecting blue tooth Allows the music to play again but if i turn blue tooth back on, its still in a call.

The only thing that fixes it, (short term) is restarting the phone. Then it works fine for a bit. At least until I stop somewhere and then back in the car. It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but often enough to make me want to chuck my phone out the window.

My wife just got the S23 ultra, and told me today that hers did the same thing now

jmckeejr
First Poster
Options

My s22 ultra is doing the same and it seems recent since last update. Never had issue before. Get in truck, phone connects automatically, music cuts out and truck says it's in a call. In my work van it connects to the GPS unit and says it's in a call. My internet cuts out a lot more also and I have to switch to LTE instead of 5g to get it back. Hope there's a fix, I had to unpair from truck as it's family vehicle and is very annoying.

RSLSEA
First Poster
Options

I experienced this yesterday. late night. suddenly the car says i am calling my cell number, As OTHER type of call.  hit hang up. it restarted the timer of the call. 

I turned off blue tooth. But phone was still trying to make that call. Had to power off phone.  I am thinking virus.   Yesterday i also received 1 message and 3 calls from unknown number. person says I called them. This was mid day , before i saw phone doing weird things.

BigMitch
Student
Options

The issue continues. I have a loaner vehicle and it's doing the same thing...make it stop!

0 Likes
Heretoday
First Poster
Options

I am so glad you posted that question!! It happened to me today. I have an old car (2007 toyota with Bluetooth from the factory), and an old Samsung S9+.  Both have been working well with no issues up until 9/22/2023.  A call came, ringing via Bluetooth.  My phone screen did not have any incoming call. 🤯 I tried to end the call via the "end button" on my stirring wheel, but it wouldn't end the call. The ringing kept going on and my radio screen showed the words:

" Talking..." 🤯🤯

I had to turn off my phone to end the ringing which kept coming via my car's Bluetooth. It was very low traffic time. Only one car behind me, which was a police cruiser🤔 but we went different directions at the nearest intersection.  When I got home I checked the call history and there was no recent calls.  It is probably some kind of glitch but spooky...creepy... and problematic especially if it happens again.  Good luck everyone! If anyone gets to the bottom of it, please post a comment. Thanks! 

0 Likes
RH71
First Poster
Options

This happened to me. Seems bluetooth issue. Try Settings- apps- phone- change system setting- not allowed. 

Worked for me. 

0 Likes
TinaStef
First Poster
Options
I have been getting the same today. But weirdly enough, it is calling ny old mobile number I haven't had for a few years that seems to be connected to my SIM.
0 Likes