Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect battery 85%

(Topic created on: 14-03-2022 08:58 PM)
Msi88
Pioneer
Options
Any truth to this? So my take is we lost 15% of battery if we turn it on?
29 REPLIES 29
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes and no, it preserves some of the cells and uses them in future when others fail to give a bit more battery longevity
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No idea.

I charge 100% overnight . No issues whatsoever.

I like Google Pixel version where it charges 80% and then trickle charges to 100% in sync with your morning alarm
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
It's odd that they've decided to change the function to pause charging at 84-85% on phones as opposed to the tablets charging to show 100% yet not actually charging past 85% as part of battery care.

I use it on both Galaxy A52-5G and Galaxy S6 Lite devices.
Madfish
Pathfinder
Options
I use bixby routines to switch between 85 and 100%

So, at work where its constantly plugged in it's on 85% battery saver, 30 mins before end of shift it'll switch to 100% for 30mins

When on charge at night it's on 85% and then switches to 100% for 30 mins before my alarm goes off...

I feel this gives me maximum battery use and also helps preserve the battery life
steve0
Voyager
Options

There is some truth to this and it helps prolong the life of the battery-if you keep the phone for longer than two years. More info can be found here

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/how-to-improve-battery-life-tips-myths-smartphones  

Dimz
Explorer
Options
If you intend to keep your phone for more than a year or two, it's a good feature to have turned on, otherwise it's completely pointless, in my opinion.
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, all I also have a s9 that i gave to my Dad, he & I have always charged the phone to 100% from the date of purchase & I still it gets three days from charge considering its 4 years old, so no I don't believe Samsungs theory, it's probably just another excuse to purchase a new device or to upgrade.
In my opinion.
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Yep I really wanted the 100% function on my phone too
0 Likes
steve0
Voyager
Options
@Sean03. Not sure I understand you. The battery saving mode is optional - if you want to charge your phone to 100% you can, however if you want to restrict the charge to 85% you can by selecting that option in device care
0 Likes