Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Battery Lifespan

(Topic created on: 06-05-2024 09:39 AM)
Lee5G88
Pioneer
Options
How long should I realistically expect my battery to last in terms of lifespan?
I bought my S22 in June or July 2022 so its only coming up to2 years old. 

The Samsung Members app diagnostic doesn't really tell me much other than the battery is 'Good'.

The 'Accubattery' app suggests its at around 89% health. 

Given I've almost always used the 85% charge limiter, and seldom-discharge past 15% (I tend to top up regularly), I'd have expected the battery to last longer?

Would the product warranty cover batteries given they're a wear part?

Cheers!
Lee 
Sent from my SM-G973F
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You'd have to ask Customer Support about Warranty stuff on the battery. Though I suspect there will not be a Warranty that covers the battery usage.
I'm not sure about the 85% limit. But I know from 100% I would get a day minimum from my phone. Usually I could get a day and a half from mine.
But it a depends on how you use your phone and what you have installed on it.
Everyone's usage is different.
I'm not sure how accurate apps like Accubattery are. I'd just see them as general reference rather than fact.
You can try going into the battery and device care section to see if something is using more battery than it should.
Also if you have not done so, might be worth wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Battery is typically under warranty for a year. With a little bit of of luck it might last another two years and it efficiency to hold charge will continue to deteriorate. Hopefully you will have got yourself a shiny new device before battery packs up

0 Likes
Lee5G88
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.
I appreciate that everyone's usage is different, and that's a significant factor.

Agreed - I used that as a point of reference also, but I found it to be more informative than the S/M diagnostic test. It's almost iPhone-esq.
Cache Partition has been cleaned a couple of times, but with Limited value.
Sent from my SM-G973F
0 Likes
Lee5G88
Pioneer
Options
I'm not really too pressed about getting a new device right now. My S22 works more than well enough for what I need it to do, and the update programme should help that.

Thanks for the heads up on Battery Warranty!
Sent from my SM-G973F
0 Likes