Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email app constantly on since update

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
SuzMac
First Poster
Options
My s22 has just started with the email app constantly on in background and saying that its syncing. I have tapped to stop numerous times but keeps coming back. Also read a suggestion to clear cache and restart which I did all sadly to no avail... does anyone else have this issue but managed to resolve it?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
keith30
Maestro
Options
Most of us have it, after the Samsung email app did an update in the last few days. You can swipe the notification away but soon as you restart your phone you get another one. Frustrating!
0 Likes
SuzMac
First Poster
Options
ThanQ for your reply. I have reported it. Hope they fix 🙏🏻
0 Likes
Captainrapscallion
Navigator
Options
Yes, it is true.
0 Likes
Yern6
First Poster
Options
My A34 too.
0 Likes
Starrgazer
Student
Options

My Galaxy22 also, since yesterday. I managed to get rid of it, but upon restarting it returns. Some claim its from a recent update. Unless I got some undocumented update, my last update was in April.

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@SuzMac Due to the Google apps freeze security policy for Android 14 and above app freeze in mobile security helps extend your battery life, reduces application notifications, and optimizes your device's performance. It allows you to select which apps to stop or prevent from running in the background.

To prevent the syncing process of email from ending, now the email sync process uses foreground services instead of background ones to prevent the system from ending them with a new update. So if you allow app freeze on the Email app, it will work properly without any problem in the syncing of emails. So its normal behaviour of showing notification as "Syncing Emails" from Android 14 and above.

In the case you want to disable the notification (it will only disable notification, app will perform as usual in background) please do the following:

Open the Email app > Settings > Notification > Notification Categories > Email Sync notifications (toggle to on/off) if you cannot see "Notification categories" option, you can enable it by doing the below:

Settings > Notifications > Advance Settings > Manage notification categories for each app.

0 Likes