Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Charging behavior on samsung S22 Ultra (Super Fast Charging 2.0)

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
NikaNikola
First Poster
Options

i have S22 Ultra and yesterday super fast charging stopped working, i have 45W samsung Block and Ugreen 5A cable. was working fine since yesterday. when i plug my charger into my father's Samsung phone it charges as it is supposed to. also i tried my father's normal(Amazon) charging block with his own cable on my S22 ULTRA and my phone charges with normal speed(edit: with both sides). weird thing is that with my 45W block and Ugreen cable, it only charges when cable is upside down, i know it is type C and must not have this problem but here it is, when i plug cable with ugreen logo on top it does literally nothing(works on my father's phone on both ways as it should). if i plug it upside down it charges on normal speed(not fast). What is this SAMSUNG????????????????

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Being that you using a non standard ugreen cable, have you thought the problem could be there
0 Likes
NikaNikola
First Poster
Options

not at all, i had original cable which came with 45W block, but i lost it months ago and bought this ugreen 5A 100W cable and had been working since, it works perfectly all of my family members phones, has problem only on my phone, i also tested another 5A cable and has same exact issue, so it is not the cable, must be hardware or software issue.

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Being that you say that it works one side of the cable, I would assume they're is an issue there

I have seen this before when using non original cables and swapped it Samsung replacement cable and it resolved it

Not at cables are built equally
0 Likes
NikaNikola
First Poster
Options

look. i will go into details. it has problems with fast charging block and cable. my 45W and Ugreen cable combo works perfectly with super fast charging on my father's phone. also when i plug non fast charging cable it also works on my phone on both sides. i took my phone to local repair shop, they tried with their original Samsung block and original samsung cable, had exact same problem, they told me that it is charging port issue, i am planning to replace charging port. will keep you updated 

0 Likes