Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with GSM network on Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 02-03-2022 06:14 PM)
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I received my Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB, Exynos version, over a week before official release date. As I was using the phone I discovered several bugs with my unit, screen blackouts, occasionaly freezes, conversations loosing sound, phon not reachable over GSM network even if my signals was good. I decided to wait until official release date to see if new software would be released. On the 25th Samsung released new firmware for my phone, and I did a complet factory reset after new firmware was installed. I am now on firmware S908BXXU1AVBF and fresh phone setup.

My screen problems seems to be gone, but GSM network issues are still there. Several times I have been made aware of that my phone can not be reached by callers, even if phone is showing signals. Solution, reboot. Turning on and off flightmode did not help. Also I am experiencing sound dropouts during calls, call is not droped but sound oth ways are lost, duration 10 - 15 seconds. Also when making a call the phone uses much longer time to set up the call than other phones I have had. Calling my self from other phones give simular results, setting up phone calles to my Galaxy S22 Ultra take much longer then calling others.

Have been in contact with Samsung support, but there is no help to get there. Try this, try that, over and over again. I am starting to loose my patients now, and its impossible for me to have a phone I dont know if I can be reached at, and when I manage to set up a call, sound is lost several times during the call.

992 REPLIES 992
EddieMc
Explorer
Options

I took my phone case off and my issues still remain. I will contact them and revert back

ShaunDug
First Poster
Options

Also having this issue. Says I have full signal but webpages don't load, don't receive internet based messages. Have to switch to flight mode on and off several times a day. Unsure whether to send it back or not as I still have my trade in phone waiting to be sent back.

Husramash
Explorer
Options

Just contacted Samsung Sweden support who took my request regarding this issue to see what they can do about it. He'll reach back to me once he has received a answer.

EddieMc
Explorer
Options

I just contacted Samsung Ireland support. I wiped my cache using this step below. I will leave it for a few hours and see if the issue is resolved. I got an incident number so I can go back. I also provided them a link to this chat so they could see the issue was not isolated to just me. She said she would send it on to the developers. Lets see what happens but I am not overly confident the step above has solved the issue. 

Let's clear the cache partition on your device. To do this please follow the steps below. This aims to remove the bug that may causing the issue. 1. Turn your device off, if it isn't off already. 2. Connect your device to a computer using a USB. 3. Hold the volume up and power button at the same time for 10 seconds. Keep holding the buttons until you see a Samsung Logo. 4. Using the volume down button, scroll down to wipe cache partition. 5. Press the power button to select.

Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I have done this 4 times already, and it doesn’t solve anything. Part of the problem Samsung have, is not recognising they have a problem, and instead the make customer support go thru the same bullshit with every customer, making it sound like their problem is unique.

Members_X23O6sU
Journeyman
Options

Even I tried this. It dosent solve it. The issue is consistent. i am not even sure if this is a software issue or hardware. 

Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

It seems like calling is more stable when using WiFi calling, so the problem seem to be the GSM unit.

0 Likes
Husramash
Explorer
Options

Just wiped cache partition too but haven't had the time to test it yet. I don't think it will solve this problem as user Brochs still has the issue.

Mplazek
First Poster
Options

Not just in the EU. I went through a whole ordeal trying to get my gsm network to work. I've never had worst reception on a phone that I'm this has 22 Ultra. Lose reception everywhere even when I leave it on for G not on 5G where I had reception with my notepad and I don't have reception with this worst decision I ever made

Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I have done some research now, and it seems like the problem with dropping sound in calls, and phone becoming unreachable happens when WiFi calling and 4G calling is set to off. Enabling one or both and calling is better. Maybe someone else can test this as well.

And for @Samsung, now we have done all the problem searching for you, the least you could do is to get this fixed asap.