Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with GSM network on Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 10:44 AM)
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I received my Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB, Exynos version, over a week before official release date. As I was using the phone I discovered several bugs with my unit, screen blackouts, occasionaly freezes, conversations loosing sound, phon not reachable over GSM network even if my signals was good. I decided to wait until official release date to see if new software would be released. On the 25th Samsung released new firmware for my phone, and I did a complet factory reset after new firmware was installed. I am now on firmware S908BXXU1AVBF and fresh phone setup.

My screen problems seems to be gone, but GSM network issues are still there. Several times I have been made aware of that my phone can not be reached by callers, even if phone is showing signals. Solution, reboot. Turning on and off flightmode did not help. Also I am experiencing sound dropouts during calls, call is not droped but sound oth ways are lost, duration 10 - 15 seconds. Also when making a call the phone uses much longer time to set up the call than other phones I have had. Calling my self from other phones give simular results, setting up phone calles to my Galaxy S22 Ultra take much longer then calling others.

Have been in contact with Samsung support, but there is no help to get there. Try this, try that, over and over again. I am starting to loose my patients now, and its impossible for me to have a phone I dont know if I can be reached at, and when I manage to set up a call, sound is lost several times during the call.

992 REPLIES 992
Stefan Schwarz
Journeyman
Options

Hey all, same problem here with an european version of the S22 Ultra.

I really hope it is only a SW problem and can be solved quickly but up to now I also so on no thread any official statement from Samsung. Same for me with trying out all different stuff and nothing really helps (for sure).

This is a really critical error because I also use the smartphone for business use. I will contact the support additionally, I guess the more often they hear it.. the more important it gets for them?

Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I called Samsung support now, an explained to the person I talked to what the problem was. I told him how important it is for Samsung to communicate out problems they are aware off and working on to solve. And that it would help others who experience the same not having to return their phones.

Stranlend
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

I have the same problem with S22U 12/256GB version.
I tried everything, factory reset two times, SIM card change to new, sim changed in slots, change other sim with other phone number.

It's so important to me that the two sim working. 

I use the phone with 2 sim a private and a business.

Marios Syros
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with S22 ultra/256GB European version. I have tried network restore but nothing changed. When I restart the phone, the problem is solved for a while but after few minutes it appears again. Now I use my previous phone and I will contact Samsung support. I hope it is a software issue and will be solved soon.

Scotcruz
Voyager
Options

Guys.. I'd send the phones back.. it's ridiculous that a phone thats over £1k and Samsung don't have any resolution for it.

This happened to my 8 month old S21 Ultra. After the Android update, I had the same issues as OP with the GSM network and calls dropping.. not being able to use data when out etc .

Samsung sent me round the houses blaming network/simcard etc. It was neith as the simcard worked perfectly fine.

RETURN it and get them to send a replacement.

K4Y0
Pioneer
Options

I don’t think a replacement will solve the problem. Am sending mine for refund. To many problems with exynos.

Stefan Schwarz
Journeyman
Options

In the german forum some users and also I played around with the settings and some could make it work by de-activating 5G/4G and setting the network only to 3G/2G.

Suddenly my reception goes up to full and up to now (1 day) I can be reached at any time. For me it looks like the issue could be connected to 5G/4G.

For timebeing everyone can contact me again, it is nonsense though to go down to such slow speeds again...

Members_X23O6sU
Journeyman
Options

Can you give the link to this forum?

Scotcruz
Voyager
Options

That's what Samsung said initially to fob me off.. you should not have to switch off 5G/4G off.. it's not any cheap budget phone where it's ok to accept that as a workaround. 

I can't believe this issue is still impacting the latest flagship. Not acceptable but unfortunately Samsung don't care.. certainly in my case as 2 visits to Samsung store, 2 mobile repairs later the issue still existed with Samsung not taking any responsibility. The 2 year warranty is useless when they dont admit it to be an issue..

Agree with K4YO.. replacement will have the same issue