Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with GSM network on Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 02-03-2022 08:37 AM)
Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I received my Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB, Exynos version, over a week before official release date. As I was using the phone I discovered several bugs with my unit, screen blackouts, occasionaly freezes, conversations loosing sound, phon not reachable over GSM network even if my signals was good. I decided to wait until official release date to see if new software would be released. On the 25th Samsung released new firmware for my phone, and I did a complet factory reset after new firmware was installed. I am now on firmware S908BXXU1AVBF and fresh phone setup.

My screen problems seems to be gone, but GSM network issues are still there. Several times I have been made aware of that my phone can not be reached by callers, even if phone is showing signals. Solution, reboot. Turning on and off flightmode did not help. Also I am experiencing sound dropouts during calls, call is not droped but sound oth ways are lost, duration 10 - 15 seconds. Also when making a call the phone uses much longer time to set up the call than other phones I have had. Calling my self from other phones give simular results, setting up phone calles to my Galaxy S22 Ultra take much longer then calling others.

Have been in contact with Samsung support, but there is no help to get there. Try this, try that, over and over again. I am starting to loose my patients now, and its impossible for me to have a phone I dont know if I can be reached at, and when I manage to set up a call, sound is lost several times during the call.

992 REPLIES 992
GeorgeCC
Journeyman
Options

Same here with s22 ultra with a European exynos version if that matters I ve been experiencing call drops call sound distortion and the worst signal reception I have in years although samsung advertised that the s22 will have better signal reception in 5g and better speeds ...all these of course get the phone trying to find signal and drop the battery faster...I think I'm going to send it back 

EddieMc
Explorer
Options

I have the same issue since I received my S22 Ultra (European exynos version). Make sure your new phone has the most up to date sim cards. I have but it is still causing the problem. Phone call can last for anything from 20 seconds to 3 minutes before it cuts out. I've been experiencing sound distortion too. I haven't contact support yet but I will send the phone back if it cannot be resolved. I need a phone that actually allows me to have phone calls. I am currently making sure everything is ok on the network provider end (Vodafone) before I contact support. It is very frustrating. 

Bo___
Pathfinder
Options

Hi. Same problem here. Sound often distorted, data not working but the Phone is showing full signal. Ill have to send it back

Members_X23O6sU
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I am facing the same issue. Is there any solution for this or do I have to return this?

Husramash
Explorer
Options

Hi. I'm also affected by this issue. Is this something they can update or do we have to send back our phones? Only problem for me is that I traded in my old phone for this. Calls are pretty much impossible to have with this phone, calls cuts out from seconds to minutes and the sounds distorts. 

Created a Reddit post for this issue to see how widespread this issue is: https://www.reddit.com/r/S22Ultra/comments/t4v83n/s22_ultra_calls_drops_issue_exynos/

Brochs
Pathfinder
Options

I think this is the case for many of us, not having multiple phones laying around just in case the new flagship phone you just forked out a a fortune for, are utterly s****y. Small bugs may be acceptable the first weeks, but not being able to use it as a phone is really tragic. Samsung support does nothing, and every contact with them starts and ends with the same, have you tried a factory reset…., well try it once more…, maybe it’s your SIM card…, have you contacted your operator… and so on.

My guess is that this is a software thing, but I’m not sure. Anyway, returning my phone will be a problem as I have no phone to use in the meantime. Maybe Samsung should start to include a backup phone, Galaxy A52s, as long as they are not able to make phones that work. Very frustrating.

Husramash
Explorer
Options

Never again I'm getting a newly released phone. Now I'm pretty much stuck with a phone that I can't simply take phone calls with. But if Samsung supports refuses to acknowledge the issues, what more can we do? Hope for a software update? I guess I could take calls trough Viber/WhatsApp for the time being as we have 1 year warranty and hope for an update. I really don't know what to do. 

I really agree with you regarding the a backup phone because this is an unacceptable situation when buying the most expensive high end android phone you can get now. 

EddieMc
Explorer
Options

It's not a network issue. I got my sim updated and it didn't fix it. I then changed to a different sim from a different network and the issue still remains. 

I will contact samsung support today to log the issue. And yes when paying for the highest end phone you should expect this would not happen. 

About 15 years ago I had a similar problem with an apple phone and they developed a software update quickly and pushed it out to me. Was very impressive. I doubt my experience this time will be the same with Samsung

Husramash
Explorer
Options

Then you have tried the next steps someone in Reddit posted about trying a different carrier. Do you use a phone case? Also got this suggestion but haven't tried to make calls without my case on.

Please keep us updated because this has to be fixed as soon as possible. Somehow I doubt it will go as smoothly as your experience with Apple but fingers crossed.