Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Restarting When WiFi Connected

(Topic created on: 23-10-2023 08:47 AM)
ElleG
Explorer
Options
I'm having a persistent issue since the last update, have tried a number of things including wiping cache, checking WiFi settings, restarting in safe mode and checking 3rd party apps (no new apps installed recently). Have sent error reports and reported the issue via Member's app too but thought it might be worth checking here in case I'm missing something 

My S22 keeps restarting when connected to WiFi. Before it restarted WiFi kept disconnecting for a few days, but now if I'm connected to WiFi the phone just shuts down. I think the longest it's gone without restarting when connected in the last 24 hours is about half hour, but yesterday was happening every few minutes until I turned WiFi off. 
30 REPLIES 30
BrecksLFC
Journeyman
Options
Having same issue since 19/10/23. Hadn't realised it was due to the WiFi, but that does actually make sense based on when it is shutting down. Also sent logs to Samsung.
madg82
Journeyman
Options
Hi yep same problem here too - it's more stable when using mobile data but it does still do it - no reason as to why - spoke to Samsung support yesterday, they suggested factory reset which I don't really want to do - logs sent too
ElleG
Explorer
Options
I'm finding the same about it still doing it, definitely more frequent on WiFi. It's making my phone borderline unusable, and it's frustrating having to use data for so much.
madg82
Journeyman
Options
I've noticed the app store updates don't appear to be going through as in they download and install but on the list say they've not been updated recently so not sure if that's connected? Don't suppose you have Google family link installed? Just trying to work out desperately what the issue is
ElleG
Explorer
Options
Mine seem to be okay at the moment, but will keep an eye on it. No family link sorry
madg82
Journeyman
Options
No problem at all - fingers crossed a fix gets rolled out soon 🤞
JIGGZX
Student
Options
We are on the same boat mate , my phone keep restarting when is connected to a WiFi or a Bluetooth.

Very frustrating
ElleG
Explorer
Options
It happens more frequently on WiFi but does happen when I'm not on it either, but Samsung's response to me is 'it's a network error try another network'. No other issues with any device in the house though
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
Just spoke to my network provider who have said that this is a software issue. Apparently, the more Samsung are made aware of this from users, the more likelihood an update will be sent out.