Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI Home button not working

(Topic created on: 12-09-2022 08:00 PM)
TheGingerWelshOne
First Poster
Options
When I press the home button, I have to select if I wish to use 'One UI Home' or 'Samsung Kids'. Despite selecting 'One UI Home' every time, it keeps happening. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to rectify it
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No @TheGingerWelshOne my phone isn't experiencing this issue.

Try Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. And if required as a last resort back up and factory reset.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@TheGingerWelshOne: Please can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Choose default apps > Home app, and make sure that One UI Home is selected. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
TheGingerWelshOne
First Poster
Options
I have done this but it has not made a difference
0 Likes
Rebekah9
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same issue since the update last week on my son's s6 lite tab. I keep choosing Samsung kids as default home and it just isn't working but it's making the Samsung kids app unable to work. Have you had any luck fixing the issue?

0 Likes
SuhaibMAA
First Poster
Options
I also, have the exact same issue on S22
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hmm, this is very unusual. As choosing the default Home app has not resolved this, I highly recommend submitting an Error report, as this will ensure that our developers can look into this matter in greater detail:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/samsung-members-app-error-reporting/m-p/509...

0 Likes