Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO PHONE IN THE PACKAGE

(Topic created on: 16-08-2022 06:36 PM)
KingaD
Journeyman
Options

On 19/07/2022 I placed an order for S22, in the package I was to receive live buds and a smart tag free of charge. I paid extra for next day delivery. On 20/07/2022 I received a message that my order was delayed. I finally received the package on 21/07/2022 Unfortunately the box only contained the headphones and the smart tag PHONE WAS MISSING. I immediately contacted Samsung Costumer Service. The matter has since been investigated. I was not given any information as to what stage the revenue was at, so I called Samsung every two days to get an update. They were unable to tell me what had happened to the phone and when I could expect it to be delivered. After calling Costumer Service again they said the phone was out of stock and I should receive it next week. Unfortunately this was not true. A month after placing the order I was informed that the warehouse said the phone had been packed in and DPD had delivered the parcel and there was nothing more they could do. I am very disappointed and feel cheated and robbed. I am definitely not going to leave it like this and will be taking further steps to get my phone or money back. PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING FROM SAMSUNG.COM

24 REPLIES 24
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Report the fraud to action fraud and obtain a crime reference number. If you paid with your credit card then contact your card issuer and file a section 75 chargeback. If you paid with a Visa debit card then contact your bank and file a chargeback through them.

DPD will have recorded the parcel weight as it went through their network.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
And has dpd a picture of them delivered the parcel to you
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
If you are comfortable, do update the progress, so we all can learn, what to do under such circumstances.
All the best Tc
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I had DPD do this with two watch returns.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
KingaD
Journeyman
Options
Yes, they has. I get a parcel but inside was only free of charge live buds and smart tag.
0 Likes
KingaD
Journeyman
Options
Thanks, I'm going to take this case to the financial ombudsmen.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@KingaD 

Was the in-transit box sealed ?

I assume there wasn't even the retail box of the phone inside either.

It does sound to me like the phone may have been out if stock so they shipped the instock items first as first advised by the Samsung Agent.

Samsung won't be able to wash their hands of this. They'll have to launch an investigation with DPD to find out where the phone is.

It's reasonable that they'll want to track and investigate what's happening.

They should also be abke to blacklist the two imei details of the phone.

I know from personal experience that things at Samsung Shipping / delivery and returns departments can go wrong.

i.e they mislaid a case I sent back with a phone and delayed the refund of the phone of £1,200 for a £35 case.

I ended up esculating this to CEO level.

Contact DPD too to ask them to check their records.

You shouldn't have but I'd do as much as I could to get this resolved.

As mentioned if you paid by a card then have a word with your card issuer to see what they can do or advise on.

Right now Samsung will have listened to you and recorded the incident but they won't be able to just take your word on this unfortunately.

Please be assured I'm in no way refuting what you've stated.

Also as mentioned DPD will have noted the package weight which can help to determine if the phone was in the main shipping package or not.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

KingaD
Journeyman
Options

Hi, the box was sealed. There was not even a empty phone box inside. They have been investigating for a month now and all I was told was that the warehouse packed a phone and DPD delivered the package. No one mentioned a word about the investigation with DPD. The last conversation ended with Samsung saying there is nothing more they can do about it. I have the impression that they just want to leave me with this problem. There is nothing left for me to do but to report the matter to the Financial Ombudsman, and if that doesn't help to a small court.

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I tried every which way with Samsung, the response was we received nothing, I explained I have Ring footage of the collection and asked for more details, nothing. In the end a vague explanation was at there return centre.

For me the items where either stolen by the DPD driver of at the returns centre.

In the end I sent all the evidence I had and lack of response from Samsung, I raised I dispute via Barclaycard, hapless Samsung provide NO evidence so I eventually received my refund from Barclaycard, then finally a panic email from Samsung to their returns team asking to investigate, again tumbleweed.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]